The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in love! This ugly duckling of a lure has finally broken the spell winter has had over me!

If anyone fishes pea-soup estuaries, this little half ounce crankbait has the loudest rattles I've ever heard and a Zonk-style carbon lip for even more vibration and caught my first bass of the year last night in conditions that I would have normally packed up and gone home!

It could be a complete fluke but thought I'd just give you the heads up on this delightful egg!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Rob, bloomin' well done to get a bass on a lure this early, especially so far north! Not familiar with that lure, but will do some research. Thanks for sharing! Be sure to bring it down next month when you visit us in Wales!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I kinda cheated... There's a nuclear power station pumping warm water out all year round...*

I'll be bringing the kitchen sink down with me next month Tim don't you worry! Can't wait!!!

*Having had grief elsewhere over this post, I'd just like to clarify that I wasn't fishing the outfalls of the powerstation, as such areas are quite obviously bass nursaries. I was 2-3miles from it but as there aren't many people on this forum from the North West I was trying to point out that it will have artificially raised the water temp of the area significantly.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Rob, we have a lot of pea soup colour water down here at times so that may work for us too. Where did you get it from and how much? Cheers

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Well done m8.

Like a rattle L profile with a fibre lip. Interesting.

How did you work the plug ?

We tend to rip, then wait, sometimes upto 3 minutes.
Not many guys have the patience and miss out big time though.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was from Samurai Tackle on Ebay for about £15, I went for the Kinkuro (black, gold and orange) colour. Because it's weight was so light and the wind was behnd me, I cast it high and looping, letting it splash loudly. Let the rings subside, maybe 15-20secs then three sharp rips and let it rest for about 30secs. I'd just started to rip it again when I got the take.

Water clarity was literally nil so there's hope for us all!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
It was from Samurai Tackle on Ebay for about £15, I went for the Kinkuro (black, gold and orange) colour. Because it's weight was so light and the wind was behnd me, I cast it high and looping, letting it splash loudly. Let the rings subside, maybe 15-20secs then three sharp rips and let it rest for about 30secs. I'd just started to rip it again when I got the take.

Water clarity was literally nil so there's hope for us all!
Ahh...

wicked.

people are getting better at this stuff. I'm impressed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts