The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just came back from a long trek to the above mark.conditions were perfect ,slight breeze but the sea flat calm with good viz.started on the surface lures with the usual suspects,mag popper,z claw,sammy, nothing.then tried zonk & a tide minnow.still nothing:cry:
by now i had been fishing for a couple of hrs and was starting to think about the long walk back and as it was aproaching darkness i told myself i`d give it another 30 mins.tried the mag popper again & z claw but still no hits.last throw of the dice i thought and put on a tackle house k-ten and 1st cast and after a couple of turns of my reel i was hit:-o
unfortunatley it came off :cry:
had a few more casts & then changed to a feed shallow .i had a lot of joy with a white thunderstick last year ,thats why i bought the feed shallow in this colour.2nd cast resulted in a decent bass of around 3lbs:-D
by now it was dark and i was expecting it to pick up and that it did when i landed another (slightly smaller )bass. and that was it i stayed for another 15 mins bot was dreading the long walk back to be honest ,and i could hear the bottle of red calling me at home:wink:
didn`t take pics as there was a couple of other lads bait fishing opposite side of the bay to me and i didnt want to give the game away:wink:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
nice one Billy, just reward for the effort, came very close to heading over to the island last night myself but lost out to a nice chardonnay ( bottled variety lol )

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice One Billy,
well done on the bass, and working out what they wanted. Some days you have throw everything at them until you get a reaction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts