The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, top ten smaller softies please. There been a fair bit of debate/discussion regarding the lighter stuff, be great to have a small list for suggested micro SP's and the ideal weight to accompany them.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx paul any colour preferred by yourself?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Not caught anything on them this Winter yet but my best small plastics have been Atomic 2in grubs. Natural colours have been best like pumpkin seed, watermelon and salt and pepper. Leadhead between 1 and 3gm have worked best. Hoping to try them for pollack, pout, channels etc soon.....

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
To be honest I've only used the cleat ones (colour code 0066 Aurora shad)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mike,

1'' - 2'' curlytail grubs in white or green. Try AGM

Try using the last 1'' to 1.5'' of Gulp White Rag.

Jigs for both 0.5g to 5g

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Hi Chris. What heads are you using for the curlytails? I managed to get some 3.5g with size 4 hooks, but that was the only head I could find with hooks small enough for the little body of the grub thing. You out tonight? You can just show me then if you want..

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi Chris. What heads are you using for the curlytails? I managed to get some 3.5g with size 4 hooks, but that was the only head I could find with hooks small enough for the little body of the grub thing. You out tonight? You can just show me then if you want..
Mark,

I am making them, as some small SPs need long shank hooks like Aberdeens and others may need short shank hooks like Carp hooks. Weight wise I am either crimping split shot on the hook shank or using a Rapala knot (Youtube) and crimping split shot up the line, remember never pinch split shot with pliers -- use your fingures, and if the split shot does not slid ounce pinched you have over-pinched it. This seems to be a more versital method than setting them on jigheads.

Ask to look in my tackle bag Mark.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mark,

I am making them, as some small SPs need long shank hooks like Aberdeens and others may need short shank hooks like Carp hooks. Weight wise I am either crimping split shot on the hook shank or using a Rapala knot (Youtube) and crimping split shot up the line, remember never pinch split shot with pliers -- use your fingures, and if the split shot does not slid ounce pinched you have over-pinched it. This seems to be a more versital method than setting them on jigheads.

Ask to look in my tackle bag Mark.
Hi , have you thought about using tungsten putty thats used in carp fishing, its more versatile and will not damage your line, just a thought

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Time for the fly rod with those Tim!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Reins 2" Rockvib Shad in the clear colour on 1.5g or 3g jighead.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For LRF works I use Maria Beak Heads II (3 gramms or 2,5 gramm) and all the related soft lure:

Dart Squid
Sea Monkey
Worm Curl Tail
Swimming worm

they are all under 2".......

·
Registered
498 Posts
reins all day long simple the best, but........

got a few packs of these from japan, had success lrf with the schoolies and think they gonna be the nuts winter lrf, they look amazing in water when "flicked" off the bottom, 3" but can be trimmed to 2". having trouble sorcing more but will post when iv got d few more packs in the bag

1 - 20 of 20 Posts