The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

First i'll say looks like a great forum, i've been reading though for a couple of weeks now and and picked up quite number of pointers.

So i'm from North/Yorks but now living in the south of Israel. Spent about 12 years match fishing on the local rivers up there before traveling and setteling in israel.

Ive been out here 5 years and fishing about 2. while lure fishing is not new to me fishing the sea is so i have much to learn. Most of my fishing time is spent on the MED. with a few days a year on the Red sea, and a few days on the sea of galilee (fresh water). Allready caught more species out here that in the uk.

I dont get to much time fishing at the moment (young family) so i need to make the most of the little i get.

I hate Long rod handles and foregrips (dont be afraid to take a hacksaw to a new rod).

thanks... **** L

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Welcome to the Forum ****, I hope you enjoy it.....If you have any photo's of the fish you're catching it would be interesting to see them and probably drool over them.......:wink::wink:

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
A very warm welcome Mike :p

·
Registered
932 Posts
Just how far can this forum reach!? Amazing.

I'm honestly expecting some lure freak to post from some deep south American prison one day:

"Bubba wants me to come back to bed but I just had to tell y'all about this new Jap'nese lure I found on the interwebz net. I's got a mark it's gonna be perfect for. When I's get out in 2045 that is"

Welcome by the way **** ;o)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome to the party **** - it's the ideal place to be when not actually out fishing!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Welcome to forum ****

I spent 2 yrs in Israel when 18-21 (18yrs ago)

spent time up north on the borders, in the middle, med coast , desert, the cities and on the red sea , never fished it tho , the red sea almost looks to good to fish if you know what I mean!

The dead sea , well that just hurts when you jump into it pi**ed and not much else in there!

what species are you getting on the med coast?

sea of Gallilie is nice, went for a walk across there once - er I mean around it :) - actually we camped there for about a week and all we did was get drunk and skinny dip in it with some nice Israeli female soldiers - sexy but scary with there mini Uzi's!

What I would do for longer time in Israel , one of the best places i have ever had the pleasure of spending time in - from the mountains to the coast its stunning.

I'm off to Dahab in october and we going to have a day in Israel as my Mrs wants to go to Dolphin Reef in Eilat!

Are you on the coast by Ashkalon?

there was a bit of reminicing , back to work now!

Enjoy your time here

Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts