The Lure Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just my opinion on this stupid rule. I got a message from a member and I was unable to respond as I had only 8 posts on the forum, so I made this up to ten - including this post:-D - to respond to someones questions.

Silly, isn't it?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
forums are interactive Artur.

We encourage people actually post to get themselves 'in the mix'.

10 posts isn't unreasonable. Many guys double that in one day.

In your case, it was unfortunate that you couldn't respond.

Perhaps the guys will discuss this now we are aware of the pitfalls.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
My lad had the same problem recently, whereby he couldnt send a PM as he hadnt made enough posts. But to be honest, i agree with Keith - we'd like to encourage as many people as possible to contribute to the open forum - that's the whole point isnt it ? It's encouraged him to post. Everyone has something to contribute whether they realise it or not - even if it's just encouragement to a fellow forum member.

Just my views though gents.

·
Registered
519 Posts
totally agree on interaction, other wise you have 20-30 regular posters and 200 just reading, not the type of forum i'm in favour of.

kev

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Just my opinion on this stupid rule. I got a message from a member and I was unable to respond as I had only 8 posts on the forum, so I made this up to ten - including this post:-D - to respond to someones questions.

Silly, isn't it?
Sorry to hear you feel like that Artur, but that is the rule,

We can only get good out of something if We all put something good in.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
If it is that urgent then why not respond on the public forum explaining that members trying to contact you will have to wait?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It simply makes everything unecessary complicated. I am not concerned about this anymore having more than 10 posts now it was only my suggestion and as far as I understand this is the place to have suggestions about the forum.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I think i should also clarify that the main reason the forums are set like that is to protect members, with out these restrictions its very easy for someone to sign up and then start PM'ing spam to everyone which could be potentially harmful to the members or the forum its self . At least with the restrictions those 10 - 15 posts will show that the member isnt a robot which is automatically posting crap around the place.

IMO its a no brainier , a small sacrifice for such a important issue.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Yes Agreed, its def a sensible option to keep things running smoothly. And yes, such a small sacrifice to ask for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts