The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to target Bass and Wrasse LRF today, so headed to a place where the water is a bit warmer ;).

Started off with the 2" Reins rockvib on a 2g jighead, fishing off the rocks into the edge of the faster water, within about 5 casts I was rewarded with this schoolie went like stink on the light gear!!

With one of the target species done I moved round the rocks a bit and after a bit I had landed 2 pollock of about 10" in length. Still no wrasse though? After losing a few jigheads and trying various plastics and making my way around the rocks I put the Reins rockvib back on and added a small 2 g barrel weight 2 foot above the lure to get down deep faster. Within 10 minutes I had a positive tap a few seconds later another one so I lifted the rod into a fish that I knew must have been a wrasse as It was pulling downwards with quite some force after a decent little scrap I had the fish landed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Smashing stuff Fin, well done and the Wrasse looks superb :-D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was astounded by the fight off the wrasse and its not the biggest!! cant wait to hook a fat pig. also noticed they fight very differently to bass which seem to run horizontally through the water much more rather than strong dives to ground.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts