The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a cracking lure rod today that might give the bushy a run for its money ,mitchell mag pro 15 -50g 7ft 9",New for 2011.Also while i was in the shop had a feel of the mag pro dropshot...very nice for the price.Around 70 quid but most probably get it cheaper elsewhere.Just a few options for a newbie for christmas.
cheers daz

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Found a cracking lure rod today that might give the bushy a run for its money ,mitchell mag pro 15 -50g 7ft 9",New for 2011.Also while i was in the shop had a feel of the mag pro dropshot...very nice for the price.Around 70 quid but most probably get it cheaper elsewhere.Just a few options for a newbie for christmas.
cheers daz
Can't seem to find anyone selling them online...
Hi Daz is it a 2 or a 4 piece?
They appear to be two-piece Ian: http://www.mitchell-fishing.co.uk/catalogue/rods,778/spinning,970/mag-pro-vertic-dropshot,6990.html

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a 2 piece matey.Bloody awesome for the money.Its a great push forward from a company that bought me into sea fishiing.Honestly chaps if you own a bushy go and hold one of these.Im thinking of going down to 7ft for clear ground and was thinking of afaw but now im in 2 minds.As for the dropshot well im not best on that style but if keith or paul could try one it would help alot.Oh and i walked out of the shop with a 4 piece 7 ft blackrock lure for my lad josh...what a lovely rod that is.I would of bought him the mitchell but at 70 quid and being slightly clumbsy the black rock is perfect.Infact its for me lol!
cheers daz

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice one Darren.

As is constantly said, great to see useful(?) stuff in the low price bracket. What sort of action were they?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi matt,its fast action bud.Its feels really well balanced and is very slim.Im not keen on chunky blanks to be honest and this would be nice tool to use with a lightweight reel.Ill go back in the shop today and have another play.As you say matey its nice to see gear coming on to the market that does the job just fine.The blackrock 7ft lure is a bloody cracker for 40 quid,again fast action but slightly chunkier blank than the mitchell.
cheers daz

·
Registered
949 Posts
I went in and looked at the 7'3", the 7'9" and the 8'9" versions in there Today. Daz is right they look unbelievable quality rods for the money. They all pack some serious punch.
1216253MAG PRO 732H 12/40 Spin24T CarbonEVASIC27'3" (2,18 m)1,15 m12 - 40 g139 g
1216254MAG PRO 792H 15/50 Spin24T CarbonEVASIC27'9" (2,37 m)1,23 m15 - 50 g127 g
1216255MAG PRO 892H 15/60 Spin24T CarbonEVASIC28'9" (2,68 m)1,38 m15 - 60 g149 g

Nice one Daz.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hi Ry,
Funnily enough even the smallest ones feels pokier. Sad tho it sounds, when I got back I waggled my TCS round and put a bend in it with the tip on the floor and it honestly felt softer in comparison. Its obviously hard to tell exactly without having the 2 side by side, or even fishing with them, but to me they felt like strong and fast-actioned rods. OK so the biggest one I looked at is rated to 60g but to be honest the tips on all 3 of em felt similar, just that the overal lightness wit the smallest. There were some ABUs and Berkleys in there that felt sloppy by comparison, dont ask me the names but they were proper modern-style plugging rods and were dearer.
The Mitchels look like a hell of a lot of rod for the money....I mean the 7'3" is 1/2 the price of the TCS - how do they do it! Foxons aint the cheapest shop either by a long chalk - everything in there is pretty much always RRP.
Hey, when I picked up the 8'9" one it felt mega long - wierd how using an 8 foot plugger for just 1 season can have that effect on someone who swore by and used 10 foot spinning rods for years eh!
Conceded Conceded etc etc

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice 1 Steve, they sound like a steal. I want one!

I know what you mean about long rods, i get tired just looking at them these days.

I like the look of the smallest of the dropshotting rod, did you waggle the dropshotters aswell??

·
Registered
949 Posts
No Ry, they only had the 3 I mentioned.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks for heads up on these rods boys.. just bought the 6' dropshot 3-15g.. lovely little rod for the money.
Got mine from my local dealer for £46, Bargain. Goes lovely with my 2500 rarenium.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts