The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plan was to meet several of the guys on Pagham beach but due to work commitments, familys etc the meet time became around mid day. Ben and I both had the day free so we decided to meet at one of his favourite marks nice and early and hopefully get a couple under our belts before moving to Pagham.
Ben has done well on this mark and kindly lent me one of his special lures (and I didn’t lose it!). Working our way along the beach I was first in with a small schoolie of about half pound before Ben picked up a nice one just shy of 3lb.

Not long after Ben picked up a second one just a little smaller. We both had a couple more but nothing particularly big but I think Ben ended up with 6 and I had 3. A nice way to start the day.

We then moved to Pagham with high hopes and confidence soaring. Having found only Dave, I think the others had taken a look at the weather and sensibly decided to wait until another day! Dave had already picked up a couple of schoolies, so we worked our way along the beach but the weather was certainly turning for the worse. It all looked ‘fishy’ enough but all to no avail. Several hours later with a real gale blowing we packed it in although die hard Ben couldn’t resist a last couple of chucks in front of the car!
We will be back when the weather is hopefully a bit kinder.

As always, it is good to fish with Dave who is a mine of information and generous enough to share it. Ben knows far too much and has no right to be as good an angler as he is given his modest age compared to old f4rts like me! An enjoyable trip even if Pagham didn’t quite deliver as we hoped.

Reactions: Ben Pratt

·
Registered
437 Posts
Great write up Andrew! An apt summary of the days events. Thanks for your kind words. Was great to fish with both you and Dave yesterday!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Great to fish with you again Andrew, and your a much better angler than your letting on.
Good to meet Ben for the first time, Just a shame there wasn't more bass around to play with!! Weather was a bit "blowy" to say the least.
Hopefully as soon as the weather starts to behave, we can sort a weekend meet somewhere hampshire/sussex/kent-so thinking caps on guys for a mark that would suit.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Great report and pictures guys.

Dave, sent you a pm.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done guys, great report :-D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good report if you guys come down again and are fishing Pagham let me know I live in Church Norton and would love to join in.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good report if you guys come down again and are fishing Pagham let me know I live in Church Norton and would love to join in.
Hi Dylan i am sure some of us will be down again soon so happy to meet up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts