The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about modding a couple of Super Spook Jnr, one I want to sit deeper in the water. The other I was thinking about trying to get it subsurface (suspendingish)
I was thinking that swapping the lightweight hook that comes on the back, for something like an ST-56 or 66, and then maybe add a bit of lead (if needed).
But for the subsurface mod I am open for ideas??? As I have a feeling it might take alot of lead.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Sounds like a cracking idea Dave...Have you considered using lead tape?? It sticks like sh*t to a blanket and you can get quite a range of thicknesses that will allow you to try the weight anywhere on the lure and should balance almost anything. Would need a laquer coating over the top to seal but that's nothing really.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
rubber core sinkers on the hook shanks.

cavity fill with hot wax or, if you need fluidity, oil fill.

bend the line tie and or, make a new one higher up to force the head under.

Loads of ways. Have a play.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Trev,
I had found a source for lead tapes, which was part of the motivation to start modding a few lures to do what I want them to do, or in a couple of case what the manufacturer claims they will do.

Keith,
Your a Star, hadn't thought about adjusting the eye, if I get the weight (might try oil with some mylar glitter in it) right, I should be able to tune how aggresively (or not) it dives by adjusting the eye-which is just what I am looking for. Many thanks Keith.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts