The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Headed out this morning to the mark i was at yesterday but when i got there this morning the water was like chocolate milk :evil:, headed to a different mark that i havent fished that much, i got there around 9am with high tide at 9.30am , got to the first little bay and cast out a gulp sandeel on a 28g jig head....first cast BANG fish on fought hard but the surf helped me to wash the fish in :) a quick weighing and it was 5lbs :)......moved along to a rock mark and amazingly first cast BANG fish on this one fought very different very dogged and stripping line but i landed him thanks to a few waves :)...i move along to a deep gravel beach and 2nd cast BANG fish on this felt huge it almost emptied my reel :-o:-o igot him him just over 5lbs he was hooked by the anal fin :???: but e same away strongly :).....headed back along to the car and thought if i get one more it'll be my best ever total for one session, so second cast on a little rock ledge BANG fish on fought well but i got him, about the same size as the second fish i only weighed the bigger ones but id out these two at 2-3lbs.....my best day ever fishing for bass!

Bass3.jpg Bass4.jpg Bass2.jpg Bass1.jpg

Fishing can be hard and frustrating sometimes (all the time) but some days it is incredible and makes you glad to be (a) alive and (b) an angler, tight lines!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Happy days Kevin they are great when it goes your way.......

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great report Kevin....good to see you getting into the fish mate....

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Brilliant Kev!!! Well done!!!!! :D

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Very nice session Kevin,
Any session with a couple of five pounders in it is an awesome one

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all :) ya that second 5 pounder went like a train although i think i would too if i had a lure in my a** :)

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Stunning stuff Kevin, well done :-D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Cracking session. Well done!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts