The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know, I know - not that little tinker again. I missed going out the other night so went last night instead to my favourite Torquay mark. Nothing, nada, not even a knock. The tide was right out and shallow. But with a near full moon over mirror flat water the view was breath-taking, so I didn't really mind blanking as it was so warm and scenic. Still, I did have an informative chat about catching mullet with a local fishermen as we watched huge shoals of them passing us in the night.
Ne'er mind, I thought, off home t' bed. I was passing a very local rocky mark, literally at the bottom of my road, and even with the water so shallow and it nearing 2:00am decided to have a couple of throws. I replaced the J11 and put on my favourite Feed Shallow. Wouldn't you know it, I had a knock following the pause in a steady retrieve then a bang, and it was only 15ft from shore. He splashed furiously as I drew him in and for one aweful moment of slack line thought he'd got off. Then the line tightened again and up came this 2 1/2lb handsome devil for his photo. With the weekend looming I'm looking forward to using lures in bright conditions.
Gotta love them Feed Shallows!

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Can't beat a fish from yer local mark, and i guess that bottom of the road makes it about as local as it gets!
Nice One.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts