The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
great write up as usual leaving me jealous I would agree with you about jap weed slowing down flow I noticed that yesterday on S/E coast

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love to get a boat out there Alan. At night, on the rim over the bottom 4--5 hours.
I reckon we'd cane em, like turkey shoot. Like Irish fishing can be I guess.

We HAD to abandon a huge, huge shoal of Bass on the last trip simply because we had waders and not wetsuits on.
The wabbit is getting fins for the weekend so, a bit of training and who knows...

He could soon be cradling a double. They are there now but in daylight they are buried down in the weed or off the outer heads so deep.
I found 2 Bass at 14 meters asleep last week in a dark crevice 200 meters off the cambrette gutter mouth. Both 9lb plus.
They didn't even know I was there.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I think Keith that you need to go visit www.pafex.eu and take a look at the Sagat and Samer lures for hook up issues with tough lures with Sluggo's, the Pafex stuff is considerably softer, the Samer goes to 25cm and is a mirror for a decent Launce, I don't hink the hook point will have a problem pushing through like you said, my use of the Sagat showed them being destroyed in the fight with a bass if they were not pushed up the line. The sagat is also designed to be rigged texan with the belly slit and a slight groove on the top side to allow you to nick the hook point for weedless where a sluggo does not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts