The Lure Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out last night for a couple of hours after work (being near Bristol it was a 5hr round trip though!!)

Sea was flat calm, hardly any wind, water pretty clear and could see the baitfish jumping all over the place. Fished off some rocks into about 5 feet of water with a sandy bottom and you could see the bass feeding just below. Had a Feed Shallow Sandeel on and hooked into a small schoolie but lost it. The adrenalin started pumping, I was rushing the fishing and casted too close to fishing net. Got hooked up and lost the lure (managed to retrieve it back as the water dropped and waded out). Retied a leader and put on an Xlayer, second cast and let it sink to bottom and hooked a rock, lost that as well:cry:

It was getting dark and I was in a right flap by now, all these fish around and I can’t even keep a lure on. Anyway calmed it all down and put on a Z claw. First cast and bang hooked into this 3lb’er. Brilliant:-D Stayed for another half hour but nothing else.
Sorry for the poor phone photo

Attachments

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Nice work :clap:, sounds like a frustrating session, but at least you got through it & landed some Shirley's !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts