1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I think I will have to put my granny up for sale on e-bay to buy a new Certate...... and a Branzino rod......

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Wooooooooooooooooooooaaahhh!! How cool is fishing stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

·
Registered
779 Posts
the certates given me the horn (and Im a Shim man)

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Here is some more info on the new Daiwa Certate and also some additional new Daiwa products for 2010.

http://www.daiwa-fishingshow.com/products/certate.html

It is incredible how much better it looks with the new machined as opposed to the old folding handle.

Daiwa are also introducing rods with carbon-framed rings for 2010.

http://www.daiwa-fishingshow.com/products/morethan.html
Vidar when do you think we will see more specs of the new Branzino rods ?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Spec on the rods
length 9'7"
weight 125g
lure weight 5-28g
line 6-16lb
blank 99% carbon
price LOTS AND LOTS

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vidar when do you think we will see more specs of the new Branzino rods ?
After the tackle shows are finished in mid Feb all info should be on the Japanese website.

The 2010 Shimano and Daiwa tackle catalogues are out now, and as soon the Megabass becomes available they will be underway from Japan.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They do look nice - not convinced about the carbon framed rings ...
It looks like they are using a combination of the carbon framed rings (CT rings) and a newly developed titanium framed ring (CS rings) and according to the blurb it is supposed to reduce rod vibration significantly, thus aiding casting distance.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...oducts/morethan.html&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

God only knows if there is any substance to it. However it must have played a part in reducing the overall weight as 125 grams for a 9.7 feet rod is just incredible.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Vidar,
Have you watched the video of the rod being cast, well worth a look. I have to say from the look of the video this rod is almost completely dampened.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Must say, since these rods weigh so little, I'd quite happily be back up on a '9'7" rod, or even 10 footer for general rock/shore fishing with hard baits. I want one!!!!!... really do!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the link Vidar; I was thinking about a Certate Hyper Custom 3500, but decided to wait now and maybe go for a new Certate 3000. The reel really looks great.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
the reel looks the buisness and for the rod @125 grams for that lenght of rod unreal.....

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The best thing is at around 38,000 JPY recommended retail for the 3000 size the price isn’t bad at all.

I fully expect that it will be possible to buy this stunning reel for around 36,000 JPY including shipping from Japan :jump::jump:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
The best thing is at around 38,000 JPY recommended retail for the 3000 size the price isn’t bad at all.

I fully expect that it will be possible to buy this stunning reel for around 36,000 JPY including shipping from Japan :jump::jump:
Who do you think will be doing the best deal out there Vidar? I am starting to get twitchy already......

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
I wonder if that certate will be on holiday in Nantes in a few weeks?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts