The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I thought I'd share a recent trip with you all.

I was down in Cornwall recently and took my rod the off chance. I managed to get in a short evening session down by Sennen Cove. There is a rocky area at one end of the beach (past the pier) which looked promising. When I arrived I found that it was a really tricky spot to fish as the water was really shallow with large boulders with a big surf rolling in.

I eventually found what can only be described as a large rock pool with an open end. This was protected from the surf but was full of japanese weed. The only option was to fish a small SP weedless. I used a weighted hook and flicked the lure no more than 4 metres into the middle and tugged it back in through the weed.

To my suprise I had a fish on in no time. Unfortualtely she managed to shake off the hook as I was trying to guide her into a suitable landing spot. I guess she was about 4lbs.

I had no more joy but was please to have worked out how I could fish this difficult spot and even more pleased top find a fish so close in.

Phil V

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Phil. I've not fished there, but having been down there a few times I know how tempting it looks! Unlucky on the fish!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Yes, well done for recognising that this stuff can and does catch fish.

Now, weedless and keeping em on is another problem altogether.
One that we both share.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts