The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright
I got up a bit earlier courtesy of a beer free early night, and went to the same beach as yesterday. There was less wind, a bit of decent swell on and I started 1/2 hour earlier. Pretty much straight away I saw fish in the foam less than 10 feet from shore, and had a couple of tugs that didn't hook up. between 6 and 7 am I landed 3 decent sized schoolies, 2 I'd say were over the MLS and the 3rd bit smaller, all lovely little fish that gave a decent take. As yesterday all were taken within 20 yards of shore on the komomo II, now officially my favourite lure. Some cloud in the west kept the light a bit lower for longer. After it was right out I put on a dexter and tried 45 minutes for a mackerel, but not a sniff. Strangely I haven't caught one all year, and they're usually fairly prolififc on my local beach.
Mike

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Mike, looks like the early starts are paying off :p

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice One Mike,
Good to see someone up and out early and catching. Always worth giving up a couple of hours sleep to be on the water for first light.
Would have been out not far from you this morning, but suffering from nasty cold and too much work that needs to be done for tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Well done Mike. Similar timing to last year. More fish locally in september than the rest of the year.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Great going Mike.

Hardly any catch reports then 3 in a few days. If you can get out this week I would as much as possible if I was you. Weather looks quite favourable too.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks chaps, bit of a good weekend not sure when I'll be able to get out again, hopefully at the weekend
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts