The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Nice report as usual, Keith where do you get the weedless hooks from? Those things look awesome, plus there the type of hook that might help reduce snagging in a few area I've been fishing (when I've had the chance that is!). Got a spot that I wouldn't mind trying for the Bream, problem is I had to drift over a massive weed bed first and can make things a bit tricky in a yak, tried and tested catching Bream with the reins paddle tails and they work a treat, but it wasn't using light gear and it was on a boat, really wished I brought my lighter kit when I went!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Just dropped an order through AGM after reading the blog article - got an evening of tying tonight so will see if i can make up some mono weed guard hooks - will probably go for a double prong upright approach ...

Hoping to find some current over in Cobh harbour to try all this out on!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alex:

If you are in an experimental mood.....

I'm working on a weedless twin single hooked senko rig that still uses the hitch hiker but....
Has 2 weed guarded assist hooks so they lie 1/4 and 1/3rd back accordingly.

It's just a spark of an idea but I will try it.
What do you think ?

·
Registered
498 Posts
going to give the drifted senkos a whirl when i get back on the island keith, a packet of salt n pepper got delivered just before leaving, i popped a mustad 4/0 bass hook thru it and pegged it with a cocktail stick as you described it looked perfect, next up stoopid when my order comes, thanks for sharing this info with us.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The ones pictured in the article are from ****'s.
But, we have made hooks weedless in similar fashion for a very long time especially when flyfishing.

You don't need wire either. Stiff mono guards can work too.

Search around the web for stuff like this...
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s..._97831_100010002_100000000_100010000_100-10-2
Nice one Keith, I shall be getting some of those later next week, then I might play about with my own once I've seen the setup.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
going to give the drifted senkos a whirl when i get back on the island keith, a packet of salt n pepper got delivered just before leaving, i popped a mustad 4/0 bass hook thru it and pegged it with a cocktail stick as you described it looked perfect, next up stoopid when my order comes, thanks for sharing this info with us.
I think a gutters trip next full moon tides might be in order Carl.
Bring your Senko's.

·
Registered
498 Posts
n1, liked the look of the currant where i saw you the other night thats got to produce at night, gutted i'l miss sats demo m8 have a good one, im off down to a syndicate carp water with the supermix sat morn cant wait!!!!. c u soon

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Alex:

If you are in an experimental mood.....

I'm working on a weedless twin single hooked senko rig that still uses the hitch hiker but....
Has 2 weed guarded assist hooks so they lie 1/4 and 1/3rd back accordingly.

It's just a spark of an idea but I will try it.
What do you think ?
Could be interesting - just rigged up a load of assist hooks for my small metals for Ireland using 60Lb hollowcore loops - dead easy to do ...

Hmm you will have to illustrate the idea with a diagram - I am guessing you don't want the weedless assist hooks free hanging and need to be pinned somehow to the worm? Otherwise I can imagine tangling when you trot the worm down the flow ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts