The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Any people regularly fish the north west region with lures? I fish morecambe bay and the only times ive ever caught have been during long dry settles periods on falling tides when water clarity improves. Alot of the time however the water in morecambe bay is a muddy mess with visibility zero. I lose all confidence when its like this.

The bass must still be there though, and still need to feed. Anyone catch on lures in the bay when its like this (i.e most of the time).

Ben

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Bumping a Toby or Dexter along the bottom to create a disturbance works well, or as Sir Bob says, anything with a loud rattle or vibration like a Zonk or Sasuke works well especially in the darker colours.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was thinking of getting a zonk due to the vibration there meant to create. Tad expensive though.

Have any of you North west pluggers had any notable lure catches when the water visibility has been particulalrly bad?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Forgot. Go into Gerry's and look at the new Ron Thompson Tyran spinning rods. Awesome kit at peanuts money - £35. Christened mine on Saturday within a couple of hours of purchase with a high teens pike (and a smaller one) from the 'Dock'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts