The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question would like your feedback!! Mine is the Patchinko 2 and Gunfish, Would like to know what you guys think on this subject.

Reactions: Andy K

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
In choppy water I tend to use the Super Spook and the TackleHouse Feed Popper, and Occasionally the Z Claw. Spook seems to "ride" the chop better than the patchinko, but I think the patchinko is a far more effective lure. When it get to be really pants then the Feed Popper is my first choice.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Z-Claw Medium and Z-Claw Magnum, Super Spook, Patchinko, Gunnish and Sammy 128. For a bit of splash I always use the Feed Popper 120 and my new found love (but yet to catch on it) the Feed Popper 100.

·
Registered
262 Posts

What kind of luck have you had with the Magnum? I bought one last year and after a few unsuccesful sessions it now rest in the bottom of my lure box.
Is it worth persisting with and in what conditions?

Cheers
Colm

·
Registered
779 Posts
How about the US Irony - OSP Yamato or the Saltiga (all a bit bigger but work in the chop)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Xorus Bad Boy?

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
What about the cheap and 'humble' ChugBug in the large size for choppy water.
One of my best all time plugs for 'freshwater' is the Lucky 13 from Heddon,this plug floats very well in a chop and can be worked 'on top' and a few inches below with a few short snaps of the wrist.
Dont know why but I have never tried them in the salt but they should go well in a good chop etc.
Worth a try............:-D

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
The classic Yozuri Mag-Popper/slider in the larger size is great in the rough stuff. As is the larger Chug-bug.
If it's windy(in your face) and rough then the Feed Popper 120 gets out there and causes big disturbance.
Cheers Nath

1 - 13 of 13 Posts