The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has a trip over from Newcastle to the MOG again in SW Scotland. Weather was not playing ball for BAss fishing so had a few sessions deep water fishing for Pollock. Used Keith's advice on techniques and tactics and managed a good numbner of Pollock to 6lbs on plastics. Fished with jigheads, carolina riged plastics and float fished sandeels.

Couple of Pollock on weedless jigheaded xlayers:

6lb

3b ish

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice fish Pete,the guys are up again this week but a busy schedule at work meant I had to give it a miss,Couldn't even manage a night or two . . .

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Some cracking Pollock there :clap:, i've caught a few far smaller versions recently, and they do go well - bet those put up a proper scrap !!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
We didnt get anything on the lures mate only with bait, well done beauties those pollock mate. Were you fishing the x-layers deep ?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
nice one Pete, Any good pollock off the shore is a challenge. I have lost so many lures on them getting into the rocks!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tiddler these were last year. But yeah slowly bumped along the bottom. Me and one mate blanked yesterday but my other mate got three pollock on the float and a sea trout on a komomo last night.

It feels like it is about to kick off there but not quite. Another 2 to 4 weeks I reckon.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well done, wish i had some pollock round where I live, great craic so they are!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Didn't notice the date Ha Ha. We spoke to quite a few locals and they were all saying another 4 to 6 weeks before it picks up the guy in the tackle shop said he had heard of 3 or 4 bass caught on lures but could only confirm 1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts