The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody been consistent with regards to results, in catching mullet on lures?
I am not interested in the baited mepps method as this is fairly common knowledge and doesn't really interest me as it defeats the object by adding bait in my opinion.
It would be interesting to get some feedback as to lure and method.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
other than small sp's behind Mepps etc for Thins the fly rod is the most consistent catcher on lures by far for all 3 species.

to date of course..

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I agree with Keith I have had mullet on the fly, try a maggot fly around rotting weed. They are simple to tie just cream/ white floss or wool ribbed with copper wire on a size 10 or 12 light wire grub hook. Fish with 3 on the leader with a floating line.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I have been cracking up trying to sight fish for good GGs on LRF gear. I will get there one day!.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Thins like swung or retrieved flies.
GG's like stuff that is in VERY shallow water but, I've mostly caught them when they are tailing.
TLM are a bit different even with a fly and ime, static fly everytime or, very, very slow sinking.

Neither species is easy but, I do have a DVD somewhere from Denmark where you'd be left questioning that in a serious fashion.
The guy is planting weed flies etc on 3kg Mullet regular as clockwork in water not disimilar to our own bays when we get the weed lines.
I'll dig it out and lend it you. It is amazing to watch.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree with Keith I have had mullet on the fly, try a maggot fly around rotting weed. They are simple to tie just cream/ white floss or wool ribbed with copper wire on a size 10 or 12 light wire grub hook. Fish with 3 on the leader with a floating line.
why not try those imitation maggots from enterprise tackle thread one of those on and maybe a dot of superglue have a look in the carp section

1 - 8 of 8 Posts