The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Callum found form earlier today. Mid afternoon, first cast into a likely hole and thump.

4lb 7oz and still a bit fat. Taken on one of MY sparkle berry xlayers and he stuffs me into 3rd place in the Wrasse shore table.

Bass, more Wrasse and Pollack were taken too, all HRF. I think Callum deserves a swift kick to the balls for losing a fish shortly afterwards that had his mix 240 bent into the handle. Based on the perceived weight, a likely winner. It was in a really tough hole though so he will be forgiven sometime, just not soon. LOL

Well done BOY.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Waheeey! Very good fish mate! Porker!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nice fishing lads, but don't either of you have jobs!!??

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Great fish Callum. Next stop 5lb.

You've obviously got the old guard worried.

PS I'm going to need a heavier rod if they are doubling up Supermixes.

I was just saying to Kev the other day, how long before someone drops an SP in front of a conger? Maigre (boat) anglers in western France are getting them on lures (multiple fish a session) out of boulder piles.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Paul:

I did find it interesting that this was a nearly mono tone fish. Not quite like leather carp Wrasse we spoke of the other day but the dots along the lateral are clearly visible eh.

It is a great fish and I'm really made up for him. He's certainly got the knack now. No stopping him I think.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Nice one Callum, stunning fish. The speed you are improving your PB's, I am expecting to see an 8lber by August!

I am going to have to get the snorkel out and locate a double I think...

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Nice fish Callum, the colours on the Wrasse are fantastic, well done !

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
cheers for the comments guys im made made up with that fish! still a little annoyed about losing the other mosnter and yes tim i have a job im a lead worker 7:30 till 4:30 as soon as i clock off im fishin! ah the joys of island life x

sorry about that kev i diddnt mean to knock you off ha ha!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Keith,

I have seen one around 7.5lb that colour. At the bottom of a certain gutter believe it or not inspecting a Heineken can that a boat fisherman had thrown overboard.

It is a fairly common colour but goodness knows why the fish take one colour rather than another?

Some think it is diet or the background colour in their territory but that colour is far too bright. I pity the tiny ones that colour because they stick out like a sore thumb. Predation

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Keith,

I have seen one around 7.5lb that colour. At the bottom of a certain gutter believe it or not inspecting a Heineken can that a boat fisherman had thrown overboard.

It is a fairly common colour but goodness knows why the fish take one colour rather than another?

Some think it is diet or the background colour in their territory but that colour is far too bright. I pity the tiny ones that colour because they stick out like a sore thumb. Predation
I remember some years back on a charter boat, someone had caught a conger of about 25lb and when gutted an unopened can of heineken was inside :shock:. Maybe we should be grog-shotting instead of drop-shotting :D.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts