The Lure Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,581 Posts
I think that's where the blade that you were using the other night could come in useful Keith. If you could have a paddle at the FRONT of the bait, then it may attarct the attention of fish without putting them off having a nip at the tail a couple of inches behind. Its obviously very hard to get a paddle at the front, but a tiny blade may have the same effect.

· Registered
2,581 Posts
They'll have their uses I'm sure Jeremy, but what you might need in this case is just a tiny Mepps type blade positioned at the front of a tiny soft bait. Size of the blade can probably depend on the profile (fatness) of the bait, but I think what it might be worth trying to achieve is actually a bit like a proper finesse version of a traditional Flying C. (http://www.harrissportsmail.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=16305) - just to give an idea. Imagine everything stepped massively down and a single light jighead or shot. Its just an idea really.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.