The Lure Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, here we have my broken FeedShallow that I leant to a mate at the Welsh meet, It is actually better than the Gunfish I lent him which he Cracked off never to be seen again. :D

Being too stingy and having enjoyed repairing my TM175 I was wondering what I could do with this.. The obvious idea is to cut across the head, weight it and keep the first attachment point for either a treble or for weight tuning, then add a split ring or similar so as to attach a Soft plastic.

What is everyone’s thoughts on how I should proceed, as above or add a prop to the tail section? must be loads of ideas on how to mutilate this little fellow.

Head – Spoon – SP?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kjw said:
clean it up,cut back about a cm or 2,lose the first inch or so of a sluggo head end and glue in place ,check action.

kev
Sonds a good idea Kev, the feed is now missing its internal weight, anything you would recommend, some splitshot or similar to put infront of the Slug, or would the sluggo compensate for the missing lead.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I'd clean up the end.

then, insert a paddle tail from a soft shad bait and fix into place.

for weight, add some SSG shot or some glass beads depending upon whether you want
a low, or hard pitched tone.

Or, you could use some stainless wire, form a small wooden or plastic plug into the rear
of said plug. get some metal and form 2 props of opposing pitch.

use car body filler to smooth over any joints and then respray the whole affair
in a nice colour. make sure your stainless wire prop shaft is quite heavy duty as
you can adjust the prop shaft angle to get the lure to dart and spit sideways on
jerky retrieves.

Just some idea's..

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Keith, I've got a paint job to do on a lure (don't ask) and was wondering what was the best paint to use thats readily available, modellers acrylic paint, car paint? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
How about leave as is, seal the end and glue in a small loop to fix a red marabou plume....

·
Registered
357 Posts
myfish said:
I'd clean up the end.

make sure your stainless wire prop shaft is quite heavy duty ..
Stainless Steel Bicycle spokes are good for lots of Fishing duties.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts