The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bass.jpg bassandrosie.jpg seabass.jpg

Hi guys, just have to share this with you. Fished a mark in wexford last Saturday, and I was almost about to give up and complete ten blanks in a row. I normally fish surface lures to a point and fish soft plastics back, usually patchinko/z claw up and sluggo back. I decided to try a Sakura Snoop SP that I got off Bass Lures.co.uk and wallop my rod was almost pulled from my hands. There was a massive kelp bed between me an the fish which I new by this stage was a potential pb. I had to get to clear water, so I waded to my right around a rock face and fell to my knees still holding the rod. Landing this fish would be a lot easier now, thoughts of losing this fish started entering my head. I've great faith in the Lunker City hook 5/0 and thankfully it held firm. After landing and weighing the bass I was still shaking. I could'nt believe it a 10lb 10oz bass at long last. Pinch me I'm still dreaming.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Fantastic Dan......You must be chuffed to bits....I'm really pleased for you mate...:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Brilliant stuff Dan, well done, super fish of a life time :p

·
Registered
631 Posts
Fantastic stuff fair play if i could catch hald that size id be more than happy

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
brillant catch dan .....i feel there is gonna be one hell of a bass for me when i catch that first one after all the blanks i've had lol

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Simply a stunning bass, Really well done!!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Superb fish Dan:jump:, chuffed to bits for you. I see you've got one of those new Boga Labrador's as well ;-)[/FONT]
[/FONT]

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Feck me that's a fat bass! Bloody well done. Time to smoke that big fat celebratory cigar. A double on a lure - a dream come true....

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Awesome fish Dan!!! Great fishing fella!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks lads, Yeah Tim she was a very short (26") but she made up for it in girth. She hugged the shoreline for a while when I released her, just as well as there was a seal mooching around 150yds out, so I took a quick pic. and she just moseyed out real slow like she sensed danger. I'LL BE BACK !

·
Registered
431 Posts
Superb fish!!! You never know what your next cast will produce, Well done.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts