The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right, I'm not the most experienced at this catch report business :-? but here goes.

The day started with a call from Rob Taylor from Bass Masters, top guy and top plastic thrower, asking if I fancied checking out a spot on the west of Cornwall, near the lizard. Now what sort of a question is that?? Half hour later and we're in the van on route.

After the 'hike' from the van to the location, with Red Bull for company, we were set up in no time and jumping around the rocks like little boys with their toys to get to the water. What a location though, screaming come and get me!!!! Rocks and gullies everywhere, with clear sandy patches scattered around the place, Bass heaven!!

Finally at the waters edge, with the tide half hour into the flood Rob suggested working my lure over and through such an inviting, bubbling white water section ripping through a gully in the rocks. First cast, 4 turns of the handle and SPLASH!! Fish on.... but then fish off within a couple of seconds!! Now thats one way to get your heart pounding again after scaling the cliff faces on the way down!!

After removing my heart from my mouth, back to the fishing. Second cast, within a few turns of the reel and BANG....SPLASH....BIG BEND IN ROD.....HUGE SMILE ON FACE!!!!!

After a nice scrap of 5-10 minutes, could of got it in sooner but the fights what it's all about, this beautiful female slab of silver found her way onto my lap.

Happy days!! What a start to the afternoon! After letting her regain her energy and swim away, i can't begin to explain to you how much i was buzzing!! She weighed in at 4.5lb :-D Might not be the biggest out there, but it's my biggest on a lure :mrgreen: CHUFFED TO BITS!!

At this point, I've never caught in my first few casts before, my adrenaline was pumping so much! :mrgreen: I had to calm down!!

Straight back working the same patch, and on around my seventh cast, BANG...FISH ON AGAIN!!

Not as big as the first, but they're all beauties, this little fella came up

About 1.5lb and as angry as a one armed fisherman, this little guy didnt want to have its pic taken!! After another little fight, it was held in the water to recover and swam away to rip the heads of some real baitfish.

Things quietened down a bit here, and the weed started to come in so we moved around the rocks to a secluded spot around the corner. After a few casts a shout comes over from Rob, FISH ON. I made my way over to check out his prize and another schoolie of around a pound was in and on the rocks.

The Red Bull was wearing off a bit now, so time to refuel on jaffa cakes and biscuits and wait 20 minutes or so for the tide to push in a little more over a nice rocky area in-front of us.

The time was right so we made our way down, prancing around the rocks again to our chosen point. Couple of casts, weed, weed, cast again and BANG!! :wackit: Here we go again!! Thanks to Robs knowledge and experience, and my masterful wrist action ;-) this was turning into one of my best lure sessions yet! After a scrap of a few minutes, this silver surfer of around 1 - 1.5lb wanted to say hello.

Time was getting on, and thoughts of making our way back up the 'mountain' started to come to mind while working my chosen spot, going over the day so far in my head. With what must of been my second to last cast, with the lure halfway back to the tip of the rod, SPLASH!! This beauty leapt clean out of the water as it engulfed my lure, resulting in another nice bend in my rod. ( Getting my moneys worth today!! )

All good things have to come to an end, and with a 5am alarm call due the following morning it was time to make our way back.

All fish but one were caught using my trusty z claw ;-)

I've got to say a big thanks to Rob for this session, all your tips and advise payed off, leading to my best day out with the lures so far :-D 5 Hours, 4 Bass. Thats good enough for me!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cracking report Arnie and a top day by the sounds of it, your pictures did`t come out but i know how that feels, i cant master that bit either lol.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cracking report Arnie and a top day by the sounds of it, your pictures did`t come out but i know how that feels, i cant master that bit either lol.
Thanks Stuart mate, yeah it was one of the ones that you won't forget in a long time!! ;) I thought the pics might not come out this way, haven't sussed it yet but I'm on it. Just emailed somebody and he's going to try and sort it for me.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Arnie!! Robert told me you'd been out and caught!! Very good work!! And nice report!!! :p

·
Registered
773 Posts
Cracking report on what sounds like a great session, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Well done Arnie............and top report er I think.....

Unfortunately I will never again be able to see Cheryl Coles face with out thinking of your analogy.....:muttley::muttley:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice one Arnie!! Robert told me you'd been out and caught!! Very good work!! And nice report!!! :p
Hi Ben! Cheers for the reply mate, one of my better days, I was catching the bass while watching rob catch the weed for a change!! ;-)

rob mentioned about your shop, how's it coming along? Sure I'll be seeing you there!

Cheers bud.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well done Arnie............and top report er I think.....
http://www.thelureforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=279[/

Unfortunately I will never again be able to see Cheryl Coles face with out thinking of your analogy.....:muttley::muttley:[/QUOTE]

haha :-) hey Trev, sorry about that mate! ;-) cheers for the reply!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome report Arnie :-D
It's good to see you did so well on a z-claw, it's my #1 lure.
Sounds a great place to fish.
Hi pete. Yeah, gota say it's def in my top 3 or 4 now for sure ;-) so lucky down here, so many nice places to chuck expensive plastic about! I've just got my new kayak too, so all those inaccessable places aren't going to be such a pain in the a$$ anymore either ;-) not sure what my girlfriend thinks of that tho, gona be costing me a lot of bags to keep her happy now :-S

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi guys.

It seems that I have upset and caused offence towards some people with regards to the Cheryl Cole comment in my thread. To those who this concerns, I'm sorry!

I was only having a laugh and trying to keep things fun and light hearted and easy to read. I appreciate there also might be kids on here reading the threads, not that this has been mentioned, but if this is the case again I'm sorry!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mat , thats one hell of a session to get you off the mark well done Rob knows his stuff mind which helps , Zclaws rock mate a must have lure ,
Keep up the good reports .
Cheers Bob mate, appreciate the comments! Watch this space, I'm gonna be hitting all those inaccessable marks in my new toy (kayak) very soon, it's got to come up with my first double!! ;-)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cheers Bob mate, appreciate the comments! Watch this space, I'm gonna be hitting all those inaccessable marks in my new toy (kayak) very soon, it's got to come up with my first double!! ;-)
Just clicked on your link Bob mate, what a beauty!! Hope to take part in that sort of action very soon myself!! ;-)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts