The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st of all, thanks to all those involved in organising the Cornwall Bumble. Despite the weather and the lack of fish showing, I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend, as did my fishing buddies Toby, Kevin and Nick (Rowe). We did a lot a travelling, missed a bit of the social side, but had a good time nonetheless. Special thanks to Kevin for opening his holiday house to us, and for the bacon & mushroom baps!

My catch report for saturday is a bit brief; blanked. At the 1st venue it was quite challenging conditions with a really strong on/side shore wind, but the 2nd venue was lots calmer and looked "fishy", but it wasn't to be for me.

On the Sunday, despite us all arriving at the wrong venue (we missed a turning and so ended up at an adjacant bay), the locations looked so good we decided to stay there. One of the organisers, I think it was Nathan's dad (sorry, I didn't catch your name) suggested we stay there for a couple of hours to see how we got on. We didn't get a lot of fish, but the scenery was so good we stayed there anyway.

I had a nice wrasse of 2.5lb in the morning (thanks for the pic Nick) and then nothing til much later in the day when the light started to fade.

First this nice pollack of about 1.5lb,

then another wrasse of 2.5lb

and then another couple of tiddler pollack.

The bass didn't show for me at all, but I'm sure they're there.

I think I'll be there again next year.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Good report Adrian & some nice photos. I still cannot figure out why none of us caught bass there yesterday. That was as fishiest a place as I've seen. The only conclusion that I have come to is that the bass simply were not there. Maybe some truth in this as Simon L said that the adjacent bay was full of launce in the morning yet he caught the only bass there all day

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Nice report and fish Adrian. Like you I blanked on the Saturday but picked up a couple of Pollock on the Sunday at the 'real' mark. It looked equally fishy and a couple of bass were caught but again it was Pollock and Wrasse that saved the day for most. Great fun anyway.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Lovely pics Adrian! It sure was hard going out there but the craic sure made up for it, can't wait to see the pics from Sunday night with the barmaids and our Xmas tree!!!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Rob, did you check you hadn't left any still on the tree! :-D

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Don't wind him up too much Andrew, he forgot to go back and double check before we left...but I checked....to see if Santa had left something for me but unfortunately not........:-D:-D

Picture and report to follow later tonight...to busy decorating at the moment.....;-);-)

Great meeting you Andrew....

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Lovely report and pics Adrian. Very generous of Kev, how did he get on, or need I ask?! - he's as good as me at bl*nking:!:

Lovely pics Adrian! It sure was hard going out there but the craic sure made up for it, can't wait to see the pics from Sunday night with the barmaids and our Xmas tree!!!
I can see what's coming....

Rob, did you check you hadn't left any still on the tree! :-D
That confirms it:D

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Trev, you get the car sorted and get back ok?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Very generous of Kev, how did he get on, or need I ask?! - he's as good as me at bl*nking:!:

Kev's catch report above :-D Mine was not much better. Alright I'll be honest it was just the same as Kev's. A good weekend was had. Good to put faces to names too. Shame about the relative lack of fish. I really must get the lures required & learn how to catch wrasse & pollack to fill in the times when the bass are not showing.....

Kev - thanks very much for your hospitality on the weekend. Very generous of you & Teresa to put us up. I'll repay your generosity sometime - you can even have a play with my massage toy if you want ;-):shock:

·
Registered
16 Posts
HAha! looking forward to the barmaids and Xmas tree pictures!!!
or should I say maybe not..... :)
Hope you guys made it home well!!

(Andrew, can not answer to your PM because I have not enough posts, But I will send you an answer as soon as I can!)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good report Adrian, and for a weekend that majored on blanks rather than catches it was great fun :-D

And I echo your comments on both Kev's excellent and generous hospitality, and the good company and good humour the weekend generated.

Thank you, to you, Toby and Kev for making me welcome and making space for my 'garage' sized tackle collection (thanks to Kev for fitting it all in his car and for driving too :-D)

I'll definitely be back down to Cornwall to fish, but probably not when I need the full sub-zero clothing :-D

The Sunday 'wrong' mark we ended up at was simply awesome! from the carpark overlooking it we were convinced it'd be a fish-a-cast!
Thanks Rob for suggesting we stay put and fish it, and another thanks for taking the time to come back and find us too.

As I'm already at essay length on this reply, I'll cut it short and simply say it was great to meet and put faces to names of the guys on here, and to be 'Bumbling' along with like minded lure fishers. (and I'll take some comfort from blanking in such experienced company :-D:-D)

I think Kev and I took up station either side of Adrian at one point and scared that Wrasse right onto his lure! :-D:-D:-D

Cheers Nick

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
(Andrew, can not answer to your PM because I have not enough posts, But I will send you an answer as soon as I can!)[/QUOTE]

No problem matey!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Andrew said:
Trev, you get the car sorted and get back ok?
Yep! Fine Andrew....6 to 8 inches of snow when I got back so was able to play with the Disco for a while great fun....just cannot understand how 2 wheel drive car owners think they can still do 60 mph in snow and slush. It's no wonder there was a spate of accidents at our end........:shock::shock:

Enrique great to meet you buddy... I understand you're trepidation regarding the photo's....I can be bribed not to show them you know....:muttley::muttley:...;-)

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Yep! Fine Andrew....6 to 8 inches of snow when I got back so was able to play with the Disco for a while great fun....just cannot understand how 2 wheel drive car owners think they can still do 60 mph in snow and slush. It's now wonder there was a spate of accidents at our end........:shock::shock:

Enrique great to meet you buddy... I understand you're trepidation regarding the photo's....I can be bribed not to show them you know....:muttley::muttley:...;-)
trev great to meet you and rob and very glad you both got back ok ... rob who's room did you stray into on sunday night lol

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
yes everyone i did blank again over both days but hey what the heck !!!!!!!!!!! i spent a weekend meeting new and not so new friends list to long to name .really enjoyed the company of adrian nick and of course you toby its not every night you share a room with a 18 stone brute with a rather strange looking object peeking out of his pillow ??? i wonder whether the noises coming from his side of the room was snoring or the fact he was indulging in a bit of self pleasure whilst wearing his beloveded liverpool pyjamas and scarf ????.all in all a indifferent weekend 660 miles and still no fish but i did manage to meet the legend that is steve lewis to .

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Kevin said:
but i did manage to meet the legend that is steve lewis
Hi Kev it was great to meet you and thanks again for getting the T shirt for me it was much appreciated.........:-D:-D

And have to agree with you meeting the legend that is Steve (where's my sheep) Lewis is always a highlight of the Bumbles.........

Shame you missed the Steve's impromptu demonstration of his "Lurv" techniques in the Bar..or should that be Baa ...What a star......

Reactions: kevin pugh

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice report Adrian, was great to see you (and Kev), as well as meeting new faces. Wish I had been able to stay and enjoy the festivities. Will be looking forward to seeing familiar faces at next years get together's.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
really enjoyed the company of adrian nick and of course you toby its not every night you share a room with a 18 stone brute with a rather strange looking object peeking out of his pillow ??? i wonder whether the noises coming from his side of the room was snoring or the fact he was indulging in a bit of self pleasure whilst wearing his beloveded liverpool pyjamas and scarf ????
16 st 5lb actually Kev at the last count :-D

Also I don't know why you are telling everyone that I was wearing pyjamas. You know that I was not ;-)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts