The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, been a long weekend and not that good... but here's a few pics of my fish.

3lbRockie.JPG

^^ 3lb Wrasse on a softie

4lbrockie.JPG

^^ 4lb wrasse on a softie at the same mark

mark at low.JPG

^^ The mark with no water on it.

SquidZonk.JPG

^^ Squid on a zonk, had 4 scad that night as well. Too wriggly for photos...

greedy bass.JPG

^^ Greedy little bass. Undersize even by commercial standards but still took a 7 inch sluggo.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
50.2cmbass.JPG

^^ 50.2cm on a homemade home design soft plastic. First cast at the mark once I could wade there. Minimum size for the comp is 50.8cm. :evil:

Mark2.JPG

^^ The mark it was on. note the bootlace. Also note it was flat calm, the turbulence is the outgoing tide. Drop the lure in and finger it out with minimum weight, holding and twitching now and then.

36cmbass.JPG

^^ 36cm bass form the same mark.

RedRockie.JPG

^^ very red wrasse on a burgundy lure.

I had 4 bass over the weekend, loads of wrasse to 4lb, a couple of pollack and a U-Boat which didn't want to come see me up close.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Looks like you done well Andy, great pics :p

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Wow...stunning Wrasse Andy and fantastic scenery. I'm very envious of you mate.... Although I think you could do with a few more boulders.....Maybe....;-)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Seems a fair weekends fishing to me - I would be happy with that!

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Doesn't look a bad way to fill a weekend Andy! It must be tricky fishing a comp seriously when you are involved in the actual running of it. Loving that Wrasse boulder field by the way, looks spot on!

·
Registered
285 Posts
We'll have to get out for a proper session Andy. The festival was hard work and that bootlace spot does look nice. A visit at night me thinks!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doesn't look a bad way to fill a weekend Andy! It must be tricky fishing a comp seriously when you are involved in the actual running of it. Loving that Wrasse boulder field by the way, looks spot on!
I have to say I missed the best bit of the tides for my marks being at the weigh ins from 8-8.30 and then doing the score boards and updating the internet etc. A lot of people go online to find out the current positions so they don't have to go all the way to the weigh station so IMO it's worth doing it. I hope it helps people. Some evenings I wasn't done til 21:30 by which time I couldn't be all that bothered.

The better boulders are further along the beach below low water, big things like cars. Not given it full attention at the other end of that bay yet.

Andy H said:
We'll have to get out for a proper session Andy. The festival was hard work and that bootlace spot does look nice. A visit at night me thinks!
I've got the rest of the week off and the boy is back to school tomorrow!! Yay!!!!!

Bootlace spot is tricky. I knew there was some tide round there so went to look. In order to be there when it's wading you need to wade at chest deep (waist deep for you then ;) ) to get an hour of moving water in. Needs a spring as well, A neap won't get you across the gullies, the 1.9m tide left about 10 inches of water in the gully I had to cross.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts