The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at last i got my first bass of the year.i was out last night having a meal with all my family marking my 40th birthday.i had the best of intentions i was not going to have a drink maybe a glass of wine with my meal i did not want to be sick in the morning for my first trip in the boat this year.so 8 hours later and several bottles of wine i hit the bed around 3am.up at 6am and i was not to bad so off i went to meet john.we were to go along the coast but we decided to go to an estuary mark which suited me because its nice and handy.but i had rigged a lot of sps for pollack etc but i had a few xlayers so i said lets go we will be ok.how wrong was i when we got out in the boat to our mark the place was alive with sea trout i never so much activity.and all my sea trout lures at home then the hangover kicked in so the confidence was low.so on with an xlayer and a few minutes later fish on a little schoolie.i know it wont break any records but it made my day hangover gone and we fished on but no more.so took a quick pic with john and the fish and back it went.ill be out again in the morning and tuesday so my bass account is opened and hopefully many more to follow its being a long and cold winter.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Pat well done - that's one more bas this year than me and it's not for the want of trying! Here's to many more (fish and birthdays)...

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Pat, glad the celebrations went OK and a fish to boot !

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes nice to round off a great weekend and im sure that bass has plenty of friends im back out on tuesday.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
well done Pat, Send a few on down our way Pat they haven"t far to travel there now, on one of your new sakura soft plastics aswell fair play,,,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts