The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a newbie to this site and to using plastic lures in general, here's my first proper post and success. Hitting the seafront this morning at around 4:30am armed with lures and live prawn on float, I arrived well before high-tide. All the prawns got, though, was being severed off the hook by wrasse, so out came my shiny new lures as the sky brightened. Even with a sharp crosswind I was able to cast some distance and remembering what I'd read on this site I tried various techniques. Ten minutes later and half way through the cast, wait, twitch, wait retrieve method - bang - 'ave it!. Up came a schoolie who happily posed for a photo before going back. The winning lure was a Maria Chase holo/silver. A change of lure, Tackle House sandeel-type, received several knocks but no winning strike. Still, it was fun and I'm certainly bitten by the lure bug.
For some reason I can't insert the image, maybe 'cos I'm new, so will try an attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
Very well done mate (the first is always the hardest)

may you catch (and release) many many more !

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
congratulations. I tried my Maria Chase holo/silver only to be hit by a bass and not hook up. Welcome to the suite and well done on a good fish

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Super looking fish - well done! Great when a plan comes together...

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great stuff Kevin, keep it up & well done :-D

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Nice one Kev. My first also came to a Maria Chase!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Kev! :jump:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congrats Kevin
I hope it's the first of many for you

Nick

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ahh remember that first plug caught bass - the buzz - Kev is the man .....Kev is the man!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts