The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a couple of hours on a local river tonight, used a Wychwood truefly #4 rod, matched with scientific anglers 4/5 reel, used a 3lb flouro leader,

I had 5 brownies to about 3 quarters of a pound, dropped a few aswell,, (no monsters, but very wild. :D )

flies used were (dry) Olive duns,, (these flies totally hammered the pool i was fishing,,,)

I can't wait to get a sea fish on the fly now... :D:D:D

here's the pics of the first 2 brownies i landed....

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Beautiful wild fish on a nice light outfit.
Well done Marc!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marc , Truely beautiful looking fish , so well marked fresh waters challenge to the wrasse for colours . well done
Bob,, you wouldn't believe where i caught these fish, as there are shopping trolleys, motorcycles and all sorts of other yukky things dumped in the river.. but, i even plucked a salmon parr out of there the other night, (didn't have my camera though,, :roll: )

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
bloody love it marc,the red spots on those trout are what made me fall in love with fishing.Takes me back along way mate,thanks daz ...honestly its made me stop and think..thanks again bud.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I is loving it !!!

Very well done Marc !! (see you in a few weeks bud)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Nice one Marc, lovely looking fish. I have to say I love visual nature of fishing the dry fly. Actually it's probably one of my favourite ways to fish, especially when everything comes together. Its funny the river you fish sounds a lot like the spot I fish, rubbish and shopping trolleys everywhere but also full of little trout and the odd decent one too much to a lot of peoples surprise.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Bob,, you wouldn't believe where i caught these fish, as there are shopping trolleys, motorcycles and all sorts of other yukky things dumped in the river.. but, i even plucked a salmon parr out of there the other night, (didn't have my camera though,, :roll: )

Marc, awesome wild trout :clap:. But you've just ruined the picture i had in my head of you in a tweed suit, with a deer-stalker, creeping through a lush meadow beneath willow trees . . . . . stalking your prey :shock:

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Marc, Stunning colours on them fish mate, Another good string to your angling bow :-D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts