The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been plugging about a year now and was yet to catch a bass. I've had bass before and within the last year but only on bait.

I was supposed to be in the Ecrehous this week with a friend fishing and it was cancelled due to 23mph winds. So as a result I have the week off work. So today I decided to go for a quick bumble between surfs.

I started off with the mullet feed shallow and after about an hour I lost a nice fish by making a stupid mistake. I went to pick my fish up in the shallow water with a slack line rather then walking it up onto the beach and it shook the lure out right in front on me :(

Nevermind it was still buzzing. My knees were shaking like mad lol (is that normal)?

So I had a few casts with the feed shallow before changing to a zonk and first cast .... Bang..... fish on...

I did picture this fish but I lost the card for the camera a while ago and it only has an internal memory for about 5 pics and when I caught my second fish, the picture of this fish got deleted!

Next cast.......

another fish on and this one although small gave a really good little scrap!

Then it was packing up time and off for a surf............. What a day

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Yesssssssssssss!!!! Finally, the boy did it!!!! lol Very good work mate! No stoppin ye now.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Nice one Ritchie. At last, there'll be no stopping you now. Beautiful light silver that bass.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Excellent !!!! Really pleased for you Ritchie :D !!!!

"I'm glad I did it, partly because it was worth it, but mostly because I shall never have to do it again" Mark Twain.

You'll be catching a lot more now, and wonder how on earth they managed to evade you up until now. I'll be out there with you in a few weeks - hopefully we'll get the chance to go for a little bumble ;).

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Richie, it must be great to get of the mark :-D My turn next, maybe :wink:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts