The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With reports of a few being caught recently I headed out for the second time this week and the last time I'll get for a week or so. Got to the mark to see Tidler and his mate already there. Water was a bit cloudier than the last time down there and there was a little bit of swell. It looked just like the conditions when I got my first ever lure Bass there last summer.

I tried a few different lures then though I would give the Tide Minnow Surf 135 in Holo White a try as this was the lure that got me off the mark with lure caught Bss last year.

After about twenty minutes I felt a tap on the lure, not sure if it was a snag or a touch from a fish I paused a second and then reeled in again to feel the fish hit again and stay on. Not much of a fight and a bit of luck getting a wave to carry the fish half way up the rock to me and I had my first Bass from up here this year. Just a slightly chuncky schoolie that weighed a tad under 2lbs on Tidler's mates scales but good to be off the mark for 2010.

Nice to see you again Tiddler and nice to meet your mate again. Is his name Wooly or Wally or something? I've forgot sorry. Have a good time over the Mull mate.

·
Registered
865 Posts
well done mate on first 2010 n/e bass on lure:-D, been out couple of times recentlywith no bass:-?

was this fish caught north or south of the tyne? dont want any specifics

just av heard of a few being taken on lures south of tyne but none yet from north??

nice pic tho and hopfully there will be plenty more for ya;-)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well done mate on first 2010 n/e bass on lure:-D, been out couple of times recentlywith no bass:-?

was this fish caught north or south of the tyne? dont want any specifics

just av heard of a few being taken on lures south of tyne but none yet from north??

nice pic tho and hopfully there will be plenty more for ya;-)
It was south, but I'm trying North for the next few weeks, just need to get out more, I've got loads of new places I want to try and loads of place I went last year that I need to go again. Get'in for summer.

Although saying that, I had a few on bait north side by this time last year I've had nowt so far this year.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well done on the fish mate, got the catch report on the phone from Paul. I've got the 135 now and don't think its as good as the 120 I had last year, seems more clumsy in the water and not as sharp with the darting movement.

Fish seem to be late up here this year.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got the 135 now and don't think its as good as the 120 I had last year, seems more clumsy in the water and not as sharp with the darting movement.
I've not tried the 120 but I think I know what you mean with the 135. I thought it looked a bit crap in the water and it didn't seem to do too much. Flicks would make it almost double back on itself. But after playing about with it and retrieving medium to slow with little regular flicks seems to bring it to life quite well.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Nice looking fish Pete, great report and well done :-D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Brilliant Pete, am really chuffed for you! If you are fishing more North anytime I will be up in my usual haunt every weekend from now on, might see you up there.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Well done Pete good to see someone over this side getting something. Am up your way later this month for the Amble open, if the weater is okay I might stay over for a days/evenings plugging let me know if you fancy a trip.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
You're on!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts