The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im very pleased to be the first to report a catch for ireland putting us on the map at last.i nearly wasnt going to get up this morning the clock went off at 6 and i was thinking will i wont i but i got up and im glad i did.i got to my mark at 7.45 and was casting away an hour passed and my confidence was dropping rapidly and then bang.i have been waiting for that rush since last october and it was worth the wait.it was my first fish on the injection and it gave me a great fight im still buzzing.i took a quick pic on the camera i didnt mess around with the boga for a weight i just sent it back on its way for making my morning im going to have a full irsh breakfast to celebrate.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Brilliant !! Just wonderful to read a catch report on a Saturday morning !!!! Well done Pat !!!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Congrats,
Beautiful looking fish, What did you catch it on??
Great way to start the year.

·
Registered
779 Posts
fit looking fish too ! well done mate

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im very happy with the injection it felt really sensitive i could feel everything the rod was well bent over.i got it on a tackle house p-bot casting jig 25g.it casts like a bullet and i was getting great distance with it and just a slow retrieve and an odd pause.i was sh*tting myself i would loose the fish i was talking to it telling it please just let me land you and ill put you back all i wanted was a pic and it did.ill have to try for more of them now and see what happens?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Nice.

Really glad you like the fish playing action of the Injection. We sometimes are quick to forget that a rod not only has to deliver lures, be sensitive etc but..

play and land fish too whilst retaining bot pleasure and control.

I love mine.

Get out there and catch more, why are you at home when you have Sea Trout with open mouths
crying for food ?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for all your comments lads.andy am i right in saying that the season for sea trout in southern ireland is 1st jan-12th oct from the sea not a river?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nice one pat, well done on your first white trout of the season, as Andy says its another month till we can go out fishing for them up here :( Man I cant wait..

Marty

·
Registered
109 Posts
Pat .. thanks for the invite

I'm doing a big charity kayaking paddle in May which has eaten into my holidays for this year ,, I will be in Wexford for a week at the start of September .. I'll try and take a race over on the ferry for one of the days

Andy

1 - 20 of 30 Posts