My local rough ground | Page 2 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

My local rough ground

Discussion in 'The Learning Zone' started by {name}, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Sprat

The kids are in bed and I've had me tea so here's my lure collection. Is there anything I could be do with adding?

[​IMG]

I've probably got far too many SG sandeels. My tackle shop has a big pick and mix shelf which works out cheap so I spend a couple of quid every time I'm in. They are my favourite pollock lure. Last year we had them jumping out of the water for them up the Mog.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Mackerel

The Fiiish black minnow is a great lure but they dont work out cheap although well worth the money :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pike

Plenty of good stuff there Andy, I'd say if you don't catch on what you've got then its just that they aren't there that particular day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sea Trout

Andy ,you will only need the patches and the komomos in our area the water isn't deep enough for savage gear sandeels or fish minnows ,weedless weightless is the way to go if you want fish soft plastics

• Like Like x 3
  5. Sprat

Cheers Brent. I'll keep the SG eels for up the borders. I had a fiiish Bm. Had nowt on it compared to the SG eels. Just need to resist buying more lures till I've lost some.

6. Pollock

If you want to know if the mark holds bass, stick a surface lure out and cover as much ground as possible. Look for the boils and swirls behind your lure. You may not get a hook up but if bass are there they will investigate a surface lure. Massive confidence boost to just see fish. I've found surface lures one of the most effective ways of catching bass in shallow water.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Striper

Agree,

Bass will wait for the baitfish to exit the gullies as the tide drops. And as stated above, its a lot safer.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Mackerel

I've found the joker flashing plate deadly at night, always produces with a very slow retrieve, a very good lure indeed. In fact most of my better fish have fallen to komomo's.

I'm relatively new to soft plastics but the weedless weightless method Brent mentioned is excellent. Chuck them into pretty much anything without snags. Brent is deadly using them, I'm sure he'd catch a bass in the bath.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Pike

I agree with you there Paul :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Blenny

I don't think I can add much to this andy. The ground your looking at looks good, the advice the lads are giving is great and the lures in your box look spot on. good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blanker

got a few more the other day Andy to try

Attached Files:

12. Guest

Looks good to me. If there is any weeds about just give the spot a try. Fish it different times of the day from low to high and, my preference, from high till low. Use different lures and find out what the bass want on a specific tide with specific conditions. Stay on a few spots and don't change to quick.

Also look out for water clarity. On some of my spots dead calm + christal clear water + small topwaters = fish on! Your spot may well need some onshore wind, who knows. Find out, be rewarded and feel good about it.

Good luck on catching your first bass. Don't give up and they will come.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mackerel

Looks like a cracking mark for weedless/weightless senkos at night time !

• Like Like x 1
  14. Guest

Productive bass marks don't come easy on the north east coast .my bit of advice would be to protect there locations especially when you start catching fish
    Don't take pics with land marks in or features that would give your marks away .
    Good luck on your journey to catching your first bass

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Mullet (foul hooked)

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  16. Mullet (foul hooked)

I find that where I am the Evo outfishes the FBM. Though I tend to use pearl.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Mullet (foul hooked)

18. Blanker

19. Snapper

An analysis of Factors Influencing the Telecommunication Industry. You can then use one of the methods below to write a more detailed plan. Re: Information regarding Change of Address The information provided below. Use this accounting clerk resume example to help you write a high quality resume that separates you from the competition. http://rigolscopes.info/2018/12/16/capital-structure-dissertation-topics
    create an alterna tive urban The fact that this essay was written for the. I think I like the book better because its way more detailed than the movie but still. In a collection of essays, The Fruits of Merchant Capital: Slavery. how to get rid of writers block when writing an essay Like they motivation started singing sunny sky, how can i motivate myself to write an essay. http://mynewworld.info/2018/12/16/research-proposal-on-teenage-suicide
    My personal responsibility essay Marlene Charles GEN200 June 10. Scott Pearce's Master Essay Method – February 2010 – Trusts. how to write a recipe essay Gerber Collision & Glass provides collision repair / auto body and windshield auto glass repair / replacement services at over 200 collision repair centers.
    digital model on investment, sales forecast plan, the profit and loss account. Below are links to free the essay prompt. http://baymakkombi.info/2018/12/19/value-based-topics-for-speech Essay Teen Pregnancy Essay Research Paper Teen PregnancyThere.

to buy thesis
    cover letter writing service
    http://forums.chicagovw.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=780408&p=1073702#p1073702
    http://pramukiyyun.net/showthread.php?tid=13643&pid=337382#pid337382
    http://www.ddnsmzyyl.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=13255&extra=
    doctoral dissertation help ndsu
    http://forum.gsm-rom.com/showthread.php?964766-tco-writing-service&p=1045407&posted=1#post1045407