The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

My cousin is going to start plugging this year with me. Hes after about 10 lures to get going..

What would you say would be a good mix to get him going??

Cheers

Bob

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Ready for 1000 different recommendations Bob? Mostly Tide Minnows, Z-Claws and Feed Shallow's? lol

Personally I'd suggest he go with most of the Daiwa range. Saltiga Minnows, Salt Minnows, Chugger Minnows etc. They do lures now for pretty much everything, and don't over complicate it. If he's just getting in to he's likely to lose a few to start with and the Daiwa plugs are very, very, very good value for money. He'll spend half the money he would on Tide Minnows etc, but still have more than 3/4 the performance.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive summarised down to the following lure brands: Duo, Tackle House, Megabass and off course the patchinko.

But which Duo, Megabass and Tacklehouse would you say would be good all rounder? I was thinking the Zonk 120, Feed shallow 128, Duo SLD 145 are for sure my favourites. But no idea what colour to recommend as i have toooo many favourites :)

Hope someone can assist with colours

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
sorry mate i shouldn't assume. soft plastic lures they are relatively cheap and 1 sp can be used more places and conditions than even three different hard lures

good for a beginner

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahhhh i gotcha.... Yeah ive given him loads of my old soft plastics already... they were collecting dust :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
What sort of ground is he looking to fish mate???
There are obviously the "big 5" z claw, patchinko, feed shallow, tide minnows and the zonks and soo many variants and colours but there are a lot of other lures that work really well in certain situations.
If its just a mix personally i would recommend those 5 a 10cm and 12cm x rap, a chase bw and a maria segunda.
all the change would naturally go on xlayers and jig heads and hooks..:mrgreen:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Perhaps a little "old fashioned" now.. but I have a lot of faith in the Maria Chase BW. The small Chug Bug is still a lure i have a lot of confidence in. They are both very easy to work which
may appeal especially to somone with limited experience.

Both are relatively cheap compared to more modern lures, but are undoubtedly still effective!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts