The Lure Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately it didn't all go to plan...

I had a plan to go and try get on a rock which I was told you could get on, just beyond my wrasse bashing mark where the tide s***s through beyond the outer reef I was trying to reach with deep water and kelp in close.

Try as I might and having a few problems (like getting my foot well and truly stuck between 2 boulders to the point of nearly calling for a hand but I managed to shift one of them enough to free myself, idiot), The rocks were covered with thick kelp making it slippy and rock to rock jumping impossible, but they were too far apart to jump anyway so I tried to wade and even just before low I couldn't make it, need to be a good bit taller than me!!

never mind, I had a go on the reef I was on but the water in close is like soup and a strong N wind not pleasant at all.

I had taken the back up plan of a trenching tool and bucket with me to look for verm (rockworm to crapauds) but no joy, This day is going just great, Not.

gave up and ran out of time as the water is a very very long way away on a 0.8m tide!! 9.3m between high and low water today...

Went out while the XFactor was on for a cheeky hour, had 2 pollack, nothing special, one HRF, one LRF, nothing on my big fish HRF mark, too calm.

Came home, half an hour later and the nipper has chucked his guts up in bed, everything is plastered. Great. Now waiting for the washing machine with the duvet in it so I can get everything else in tonight so it can try and dry tomorrow.

I bet it bloody rains tomorrow now.

And then, the laptop battery ran out and it turned itself off. Best bit of the day was that it recovered this post so i didn't have to type it all again :-D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Came home, half an hour later and the nipper has chucked his guts up in bed, everything is plastered. Great. Now waiting for the washing machine with the duvet in it so I can get everything else in tonight so it can try and dry tomorrow.

I bet it bloody rains tomorrow now.

Never mind Andy it,s all part of parenthood lol.....been there many a time m8 !

The other evening I was fishing my Sp,s on the edge of a Kelp covered reef and the fish were taking the lure at the back of the boat???...I know the fish were lying in the Kelp but makes one wonder why they left it to the last minutes before they hit the lure ...any ideas on this one?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts