The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well chaps my season starts tomorrow, Ive just been playing with new lures and bits of kit up until now, so no more playing around.

I have been playing with the Admiralty charts for my chosen marks with tidal flow and current charts with timings to see if this gives me a better indication on what is really happening where i fish.

I ve told the wife whats happening and marked on the calender with reference against the tide table so she can see, so there are no arguments on when i am off out!

What do you guys do to prepare for your season?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive had to get my priorities in order, with the new baby and debbies mum having cancer, so fishing has taken a back seat

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Ive had to get my priorities in order, with the new baby and debbies mum having cancer, so fishing has taken a back seat
Family comes first Nathan - no doubt about it.

Us Welsh Bumblers have occupied ourselves with Crocs & Trout through the winter though, and with all we've learnt, and all the fun we've had, we won't be too distressed come December when the Bass dissapear on their hols again.

The bulk of the Bass preparation over the past couple of months though, has consisted of retail therapy ;)

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi Nathan
I have spent some time over the winter looking for new marks in my area. I wonder if tides currents etc differ in the spring/summer and the autum/winter and if this make a difference when we fish these marks all year round.
Mike.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nathan, main preparations so far have been centred around exploring a wider range of marks over high & low water so we have an idea of what we can expect when the bass start showing properly. The first fish of my season came at a mark I had not fished before this season and on our 3rd visit there. I feel confident now that I can find somewhere to fish in most swell and wind conditions. As the season progresses I expect to be able to refine the marks I fish based uopn results. Not very scientific i know but for me it's a hobby and a way to spend weekends relaxing with my son. To be honest we have bought very little new gear in the way of lures as I think we have a number we know work for us. I predict great things this season...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well chaps my season starts tomorrow, Ive just been playing with new lures and bits of kit up until now, so no more playing around.

I have been playing with the Admiralty charts for my chosen marks with tidal flow and current charts with timings to see if this gives me a better indication on what is really happening where i fish.

I ve told the wife whats happening and marked on the calender with reference against the tide table so she can see, so there are no arguments on when i am off out!

What do you guys do to prepare for your season?
That`s good timing ;-)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Take no notice Nathan, like the sou west bass there all scared lol!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Nathan,
Don't be conned by the rest of the welsh bumblers. Apparently the best preparation, going by those that caught during that weekend, is to drink lots of Guiness and red wine. Works wonders..................

I must remember to drink more Guiness and wine next time...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Sounds good, Nathan - look forwards to hearing more! Are you & Iestyn giving it a thrash tomorrow then? Better watch him closely, Nath - has a habit of sneaking fish out when you're not looking :)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Nice one Nathan,lets hope you keep it up!lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts