The Lure Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys this my quick report !

As I approached the show entrance on Friday morning I had a plan to look today and buy tomorrow, I passed over the ticket and it was game on. Walking in to hall 4 was like entering the biggest tackle shop in the world, WOW ! First stop after passing some stands was
Ultimate Fishing, loads of Red Rods on display, Super Mix, Rod Bar, T Bar and Chocolate Bar they were all there and you could wiggle them as much as you wanted, no one minded. After wiggling till my wrist started hurting ( not happened since i was 14) it was time to look at the lures, Soft and Hard, some I recognised others I didn't, time then to watch some of the top guides in France demonstrate all the lures they had, Fu=kig Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was repeated around the hall, stand after stand after stand, these are some of the companies that were there,

Hearty Rise (HR)
Sakura
Pezon & Michel
Illex
Rapala
Garbo
Shimano
Daiwa
Berkley

The list could go on, if the first rep who talked to you couldn't speak English, they found someone who could and were all willing to help and offer advice. The rest of the guys then turned up in the afternoon with loads of handshakes and hugs, we were then invited to stay on after the show had finished by Ultimate for some wine and nibbles. it was then back to the hotel for a drink and some food, share some stories and plot the next days purchases and plan of attack. Saturday morning came, we went for breakfast and talked more about fishing and what we were going to buy, so over to the show it was, and what an expensive fcuking day it turned out, my plan was to buy stuff not available in the UK and there was plenty of it, so buy it I did, teasers, lures, Sp's, jig heads and other bits and pieces and I left my major purchase of a Sakura rod and new Back Pack to the Sunday. To end this story I would like to thank all who spent time with me and for the advice given, a cracking couple of days spent in great company.

Thank you all !

Steve

Reactions: Mick Ward

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Hey steve, it was indeed a great weekend! Hey Pat we will let you order the starters again...lol:)

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Great weekend Steve. I was very disappointed that the Daiwa stand didn't have the bowler hat though.......... ;-)

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great weekend Steve. I was very disappointed that the Daiwa stand didn't have the bowler hat though.......... ;-)
I will be buying one Mike ! Nice to have met you as well and glad you got the Rod you were after.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I can only reiterate what I have said before…….what a great show it was and what a great bunch of guys to meet up with :-D:-D:-D

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
It was a pleasure to meet you Steve, looking forward to a few hours fishing with you this year, but I'll only come if you've got some 'pint' sized plugs ;)

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was a pleasure to meet you Steve, looking forward to a few hours fishing with you this year, but I'll only come if you've got some 'pint' sized plugs ;)
;-)
:muttley:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts