The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of nightmare on Saturday.... got up at three and headed down to Mortehoe, not an area I'd fished before so after lots of google earth I'd work out a plan. I had intended to start at Rockham bay but got there and the water was filthy, 0 visibility, so wandered along the coast past bull point looking for access points and cleaner water, neither to be found, so turned around and walked out to Morte point, access OK but still the water was a very cloudy milky grey colour with no more than 2/3 inch at best visibility, so walked back to the car and drove down into Woolacoomb and then onto Croyde with the same story at both places. Drove home having walked several miles, sweated several buckets and had 4 casts!

I’m not sure why the water was so dirty, whether it was may weed, down to the swell, (looked perfect for surfing and bassing) or whether its normally like this in this sized tide. Only been to Woolacoombe/Crode a couple of times before and each the water has been crystal

Explored the coast a bit on my way home looking for future spots so I guess I leaned something today…frustrating all the same

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was camping in Mortehoe Sat night so took my rod down to Rockham Sat evening as the sun was setting. No signs of life whatsoever but water clarity was fine.

Quite a reasonable swell came in overnight, which I could hear from the tent, maybe that was to blame for the water clarity???

Got up at 5am Sunday and had a great 3 hours surfing so not all bad!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi mike
I think if i had been out of bed at that time of day i would have given it a hour with something with a large rattle in it just to see.
But well done anyway keep trying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts