The Lure Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great weekend, mainly because of the company. It was a real pleasure to meet some of the guys for the first time, spend a few days talking fishing, looking at some superb stuff, having a crack and buying the odd bit. Had to try and absorb far far too much info as usual, but we are all catching up fast.

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
What a great weekend, mainly because of the company. It was a real pleasure to meet some of the guys for the first time, spend a few days talking fishing, looking at some superb stuff, having a crack and buying the odd bit. Had to try and absorb far far too much info as usual, but we are all catching up fast.

Thanks guys.
Paul,

Many thanks for spending some time with me and sharing some of your experiences with the SP's, it has been a good weekend with some cracking company, I will post up my thoughts on the trip when I have had some time to digest everything !

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good call Bob. Their hospitality was superb - such a friendly bunch of guys.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
A great weekend. Like Paul said great to put some faces to the names (even the ropey ones!!!). Great company.
The show was excellent in giving people the opportunity to see and in some cases buy tackle that we don't have available in the UK. The down side is that in terms of lure fishing we are treated as a backwater by the major manufacturers. We are served well by many of the smaller forward thinking companies but it is hugely disappointing to see how good some of the kit from manufacturers like Daiwa is compared to what they sell in the UK. Hopefully that will change in time.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I have to say too it was a suberb weekend and the company I kept, made it for me. There's so much chatter on this forum but just sitting down drinking a beer with some true gents of the lure world, swapping funny tales and talking freekin none stop for 4 days about fishing was simply magic. Ultimate were extremely generous with their time and hospitality and the show itself lived up to expectations. So much stuff to see, so much stuff to absorb, so much stuff to buy and yes, we are way behind the French but I think this year has shown we have the enthusiasm to at least try and play catch-up. Nantes will kick start a lot for those of us who went this year, watch this space, I think everyone said exactly the same thing whilst we were there, "2010 will be a good year."

I'm going to post a bunch of photos and some detailed thoughts on what I found at Nantes in the next day or two, I hope everyone else will too.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Yep, I'll pop a few bits up too.

Great to meet so many of you. Previous face to face meetings had only included Nath and that scumbag Henry (who feels the need to blame me for his tackle problems! haha), so it was a very good trip.

Looking forward to next year already.

The only stuff I really bought until we got back to St Malo was some super light stuff. Hard lures were expensive but it's been great being able to play with so much new stuff in the flesh. Very, very, very worthwhile trip.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
You blokes where the best company all weekend, no problems, a good craic, realised I am talking to bunch of nutters really it truely was so funny. I love the hotel we stay in for so many reasons but man we need a hotel thats bar stays open longer than 11.30. I mean with a bar closing that early it could lead to guys going into town to find more booze!! And anything could happen!!! Say no more ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts