The Lure Forums banner

New 2010 Bushwhacker surfaces

926 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Marty H 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The grip was good on the old bushy, maybe a bit long (reel seat to end) IMHO, but cork backwards step. Having said that I might have a look.

#6 · (Edited)
Ive had a new model bushwacker on order since Nov last year when they issued the 2010 catalogue. Noticing that the boner has gone from the 2010 range and the new Busjwacker 8ft6" is now rated the same (upto 60g) im suspicious we are going to see the old boner blank rebadged with a build change as the new "slightly heavier" bushwacker. Personally i have no problems with decent cork, it was all you got on a decent rod when i grew. If it ever arrives we will see....

One thing i can say is taking my Bushwacker into its FOURTH season now im glad I have a spare tucked away as it is a gem and if they have changed the range at blank level a great rod is lost forever.... Ive seen it too many times before, a newish company releases a gem only to "upgrade" it a few years later with something nowhere near as good.

Fingers crossed, Marty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.