The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the forecast was not good today I thought I try and make some different colours to my recent successful lure

I will try these out over the net few weeks if the weather stays fine, I have also added some 3d eyes to see if that makes any difference. I would appreciate any help on colours from more experienced soft plastic lure as to different colour types and what seems to work

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Lovely looking stuff Alan.

Tough question on colours really, everyone has their own pet theories. Here some more general observations:-

Orange seems to be a popular colour amongst some anglers, including commercials (as **** said yesterday)
Dark purple seems to fire the wrasse up
White is consistently good, especially irredescent pearl. Bloodhead even better based on pure numbers used successfully.
Transparent belly and sand coloured back works well on some shads.

Best of luck

Paul

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
They are great Alan.....tweaking the design all the time eh mate........:-D:-D:-D

Nice to see the radioactive snot colour is still there.......;-);-)

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I'm still expermenting, but the best colours in my home mades have been brown for wrasse and pearl for bass.

Been working on 2 tones now, clear glitter with another colour on the back, pink, orange, watermelon, brown etc etc. They look bloody good but no idea if they will work. poretty rough out there but gorgeous sunshine. Should try and find some shelter really...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Not yet Alan...still offshore mate......Have been quite ill and haven't had the time to put my order in yet. Are they pretty quick with the orders from France?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
My stuff took about 10 days i think it was trev, and that includes the standard quarantine in the UK while they decide if they want a channel islander to have their post (my new rod has been in quarantine from Japan for 6 days now...)

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Mine took a week Trev. Make sure you put all you want on the order, I tried to order 2 more liquid colours and they wanted the same £10 p+p for two tiny bottles.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Thanks Guys.............I daren't add any more to the order so I might just have enough.................;-)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine has been about a week if that order as much as you want It is a pity you cannot get the stuff from the uk

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Yes you're right Alan. I keep looking but the problem is the descriptions picked up in Google. I've come up with some wierd and wonderful items under that description.......... :-D:-D

·
Registered
498 Posts
fished with andy at the weekend and was gobsmacked at he's homemades, the quality and action was unbelievable, might have to have a go winter,

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Did I give you some of the big grasdos type ones? If not I will post some to you. Be perfect with a belly weight on that mark where the big one came, cast out and twitch back slow near the bottom.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts