The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rockie Lure, Ribs for deep vibration and some bubbling shad style tight ribs for high end vibes??
RockieLure1.JPG

New LRF Lures, getting smaller...

LRF Lures.JPG

Attempt at a swimbait. not sure if it will work but hey...

Swimbait.JPG

For anyone who has not followed this before I make the masters in modelling clay, make a mould out of RTV Silicone and then pour my own soft lures.

They have a flat side to make life easier in making the mould.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Andy,
Given how successful your last designs have proved to be, Fingers crossed for you Andy that these are just as successful.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Looking good Andy.
Have you tried pouring LRF moulds yet? I struggle getting the Plastisol into the 4" xlayer moulds accurately.
I'll be interested to see how the swimbait comes out, I just wonder if it needs wire for strength?
Keep us informed... :D

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking good Andy.
Have you tried pouring LRF moulds yet? I struggle getting the Plastisol into the 4" xlayer moulds accurately.
I'll be interested to see how the swimbait comes out, I just wonder if it needs wire for strength?
Keep us informed... :D
My own style LRF is about 2 inches long and not a problem. Make sure it is hot enough to flow well out of the jug. You get the technique with practice.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
some cool looking stuff there Andy. Really liking the look of the first one.

·
Registered
894 Posts
They look like another good batch of lures Andy, i am sure you will catch plenty with them :-D:-D

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Have you got a finished one yet Andy? I love the wrasse lure, very nice mate I reckon youre onto a winner with the shape etc. Let us know and show us a finished one soon.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Have you got a finished one yet Andy? I love the wrasse lure, very nice mate I reckon youre onto a winner with the shape etc. Let us know and show us a finished one soon.
I reckon, if the tails wide enough it would/could be worth inserting a little rattle... Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got home frem the pub after work, left the girlies to it, i'm too old now... I'll take the micky in the morning when they're sitting at their desks feeling hung over!!

Just de-moulded the clay lures, destroyed the in the process as usual. Must be another way but hey, the mould is an exact copy after all so no real loss.

If I have time I will make one of each tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats the stuff Paul, I just don't bake it, I felt it might be too hard to get the lures out of the mould if they were solid? But maybe not. Might do that next time.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thought I would post this one as I have been experimenting with colours. I sent a couple like this to one of the head testers the other day so he can give them a go over in crapaudland.

ColourMix.JPG

Here's all the new lures in plastic mode.

I tried them all the other night and not wuite as planned, in fact not as planned at all. never mind, you can't win them all!!

the swim baits don;t do anything at all, come back dead straight, same for the very small paddles, but they did still take fish OTD. It was too windy for the little ones. The large paddle front right is my first LRF design lure for size help against the new LRF paddles. The original LRF paddle is still good, made a new mould with the latest batch of Silicone after using a blowtorch to get them nice and shiny so that they will be clear on the clear and glitter colours. Any fingerprints show up like you wouldn't beleive and you can't get a see-through colour if you know what I mean, the surface is cloudy. The new mould should fix that now I made the new mould.

All.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Thought I would post this one as I have been experimenting with colours. I sent a couple like this to one of the head testers the other day so he can give them a go over in crapaudland.

Whos that then? I like the colours

1 - 20 of 27 Posts