The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i would post this up as i looked but could not see any reference to it, it would be a great help if anyone who has fished for bass in Ireland or ever wishes to do so could send a email to :

"Minister Sean Connick, Priory Lane, The Quay, New Ross, Co. Wexford"
[email protected]

at the above email address lots of people including myself have been bombarding him with emails. As a lot of B.A.S.S member's might know we have a group at irishbass.org fighting the corner of our sport and spiky friends, and i know the main man John Quinlan has put a lot of effort and money into the site and efforts to stop this fishery.

·
Registered
769 Posts
There was a thread on this but if I recall someone decided that campaigning for the bass some of us travel to ireland for (and many might move on to doing in the future) might just get a bit political and cause conflict (it hadnt). It was therefore removed.

I personally have writen to 5 different individuals there several months back. All who visit to fish for bass should write if they want to preserve one of the main reasons they are likely to visit (the other reasons being the landscape the people and the guiness)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks matt, sorry mods if this has been covered i totally understand if it needs to be removed!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Its still a hot topic and our ongoing efforts could make a difference!

I wrote an possitive article about Irish Bass Angling in a recent Sea Angler and after got an unsolicited email from the Irish Tourism Office/ ministry after its publication. They werent just thanking me for promoting their country, but also stating articles etc like this promoting their fishery would be of use in their fight against the proposed re-estblishment of a commercial bass fishery AND also it implyed anything to put more pressure on the fisheries ministry would help. Sending you email to the tourism ministry as well as sean connick is therefore also a good idea. If you have previously emailed then if nothing else just resend the origional email or just ask for an update.

Anything helps!

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts