The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full catch report tomorrow as I am knackered. In short had 8 today best 5lb 12oz, second best 5lb dead.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice one Ben,
That is a couple of very decent bass especially this year, as larger bass are pretty thin on the ground in the south east.
Well done.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Your a glutton for punishment!! Super job mate! Hows your hand!!??

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Ben!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Cheers for the replies! Hampshire is producing the goods atm but I will say no more. Lol. Went out with Ivan last night both had over 5 fish to 3lb. Not bad for an East wind.

Andrew, hand is fine thanks for asking. Can you put the photo up?

Anyway here is the report:

I set out later than planned as I could not pass up on my girlfriends offer of a cooked breakfast. I decided to try a new mark for the high tide as my usual mark had not been producing of late. When I arrived the water was coloured so I put on my yellow/gold sasuke (no surprises). First cast resulted in a micro bass of 8 cm. At least there are fish here I thought always good for a new mark. I made my way wading up the beach casting every few paces searching for pockets of bass - I have found this technique to work best in this area. About a mile up the beach I got a huge hit, then nothing then the rod doubled over and the drag screamed. A few runs and some tense moments and the fish was banked. I thought I had caught a 7 or even 8 lb fish as it was big. It weighed in at 5.12 on the boga and measured 65 cm. On the bass chart this equates to about 7lb. Perhaps the cold winter has taken a few lb off the fish this year??

After asking some by passers to take a photo the fish went back and I wasted no time in casting out in the same spot and was rewarded with another of 1.5lb. The mark then went dead and it was time to head to my old mark for low tide. As it was spring tides a whole new area of the mark came alive. What normally looks like a shallow flat shoreline was full of gullies, holes and weed beds. I had already had a few schoolies under my belt from another area but I new my chances were good. One particular gully looked awesome and I knew I was going to get a hit. I cast in then bang fish on! A few mins later I had this 5 lb fish on the beach:

What an evening to be fishing the water was pink from the sunset and still as a millpond. Had one more fish of 2lb. Not that it mattered.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Super stuff mate! Your on form lately. I will post the pic with associated dire warnings lol! And you have your boga!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well done ben, Nice fish congrats on your personal best.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Great report and pictures there Ben.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
great catch mate i know what a treat im in for when i do get my first one lol that size would be awesome

1 - 20 of 26 Posts