The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hit Graysands this morning on the rising tide, conditions looked good with southerly winds and patchy cloud cover. The water was crystal clear and baitfish could be seen around the margins so i made a start with the green and silver zonk that i was successful with recently. I fished on for a few hours with no joy then as low tide approached the water started to go rather cloudy, this prompted me to change to an orange and gold zonk, a colour thats worked for me in dirty water before. A short while later just as i was about to lift the lure from the water at the end of the retrieve i snagged the bottom. The bottom started moving and a big silver sided fish came up to the surface and started thrashing around, then i realised that fish was connected to my line as it powered off for deeper water pulling several yards of line from my spool. I made my way along the bank looking for a safe place to beach the fish, and as she came ashore i noticed that the lure had been completely engulfed with all three trebles inside the mouth. On the scales it went 7 pounds 6oz and a new pb. sorry but i cant seem to upload the photos at the moment.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nice fish Toby. Can't wait for the photos....

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Nice one there Toby.......when you get smashed' under the rod tip it really grabs your attention does it not.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Sounds a stunning fish at that weight Toby, very well done :-D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Toby! Very nice fish!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well done Toby, cracking fish.
I've been put of Graysands since they've started locking the gates overnight.
Seems to be turning up a good few better size fish of late.
Congrats again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice fish Toby.:-D
that fish sure was hungry, dont think that I have seen a lure 'eaten' as much as that one was. You deserve that one mate, taking the time to get to grips with the mark etc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts