The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after recent success I decided to try fishing BB at a time I would normally not bother. I usually fancy 2 hours before high. Oh and the wind was blowing a bit and coming straight in and the water was not exactly clear.

Anyway I tried over the back wall Nada
Really was not feeling it was thinking it might be a blank, which I have now avoided for a while.
Then started targeting the inside wall. I saw what looked like 2 bits of seaweed. But with the wind and the tide I figured that as they were not moving I decided they must be fish.

So I dropped the magic SP a little way out and drew it across the front of them and bang fish on and boy did it put up a fight. This is my biggest fish yet, 50cm caught on the firefly with took a bit of hand lining to get it up the wall, there was only 3m showing on the board at the steps. I fish 8lb mono so could feel it bouncing a bit as I pulled it up. It sure looked like it would make a couple of nice fillets, but we have dinner for the next few nights so after a snap it went back in.

Well after that I had another 4 the smallest being 35cm, but they did not warrant photo's :)

I am not sure at what point I should change up to my 15-40gm rod but for the time being I am having a blast.

Would love to get into some wrasse now

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Really good work Jeremy, and its always satisfying to break a pb !! Well done :clap:

Si

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
PB ! Job done Jeremy, good effort and you are getting your rewards for being out !!!!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Jeremy, you have got it sussed now! 50cm pollack on the Firefly is good angling - well done.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Well done indeed :clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Well done Jeremy, i bet they put up a great fight on the firefly, still haven't used mine yet, but after reading this i don't think it'll be too long before i do... :D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Jeremy! Very nice fish that!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well done Jeremy, i bet they put up a great fight on the firefly, still haven't used mine yet, but after reading this i don't think it'll be too long before i do... :D
It sure did felt different to everything else I have caught on it. I think for the money it was a fantastic buy, I absolutely love it, makes the whole thing a lot of fun.

Nicely done Jeremy, you joining us on Sun?
I have church commitments this week so no, maybe the next one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts