The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A freak window in the weather opened up and The Captain pinged me whilst I was having a boiled egg eating competition. See you at 03.30 he said, I'll be up at 02.00hrs Pete, flushing this out my system :oops: but yeah, see you then. Safe to say, don't have a boiled egg eating competition before you go fishing. I must add, my claim to fame is always a vindaloo, but this was a little different.

On the whole it was a tough but beautiful morning, too much bloom in the water, gash tides, but you can rely on the skipper to work his magic - whatever the conditions.

5 hours on the water rewarded us plenty of mighty-fighting ballan wrasse to 3-4lb, bass to about 4-5lb, pollack to, who cares, some pout and few sponges :geek:

Anyway, during this time I got a take and it was fierce on the light gear, wrasse I thought but it was kiting about like crazy, digadigadigadigadiga it went, zipping upgrade off the spool (a little), fast as flip this critter, then it appeared like a glistening blue discus belting around the boat, WOW, check that out I yelped, I'd had a bream before on Pete's boat on a lure but not as tasty as this one.

The Captain netted him and presented me my prize, what a corker specimen of 3lb and new PB bream on a lure. Cracking morning with another PB this year. Thanks Captain Pete, great morning fishing.

Black Bream on a lure!

A bass

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
yet again the "Petes" afloat get a result.........great bream............

running out of bucket list of "to do's" at this rate guys............whats next?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Congratulations on the bream PB Pete.

The sea was looking pretty good as well.

Reactions: Peter Brown
1 - 20 of 29 Posts