The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just realised my spinning reel is broken the lip os the aluminium spool has become detached from the spool :shock::shock: so here's my question can someone recommend a good reel for €50 euro or less i know its not much but this reel cost 23-30€ so gradually building up to the expensive stuff :-D

·
Registered
932 Posts
I always recommend the Shimano Catana for a cheap and reliable reel. As long as you wash her and maintain her she'll do you proud for £30!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That like mate is it the daiwa megaforce by any chance??

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
James what size would it be?? I dont have a clue what the sizes mean 2500/4000 WTF?? :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just checked the link and it doesn't work god knows why anyway the said reel is a penn captiva 4000 have a search and see what you think

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I know it probably won't get mentioned anywhere else, but I was playing with the Quantum Tenacity the other day and it's a very nice little reel at around £35. I don't think there's actually too much between Quantum, Daiwa or Shimano in that price range.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am checking these all out lads but they all look amazing i was also looking at a shimano catana 4000?? any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
The size of reel you buy would be dependant on what rod you use. 2500 or 4000 are the most common sizes. What rod will it be hung on?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi mark it is a 9ft Cormoran Bull Fighter rated 20-60g :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok so size 4000 it is but now which reel? sorry if im annoying anyone but this seems to be the best resource out the for reliable unbiased opinions :)

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
As James says, 4000 size in the Shimano would be spot on. Daiwa use a different sizing system, but roughly a 4000 Shimano is equal to a 3000 Daiwa.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi mark it is a 9ft Cormoran Bull Fighter rated 20-60g :)
If you did look at the Quantum Tenacity, go for the 4500 Kev. It's about the same size as a Shimano 4000, Daiwa 3000.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thansk lads i will let ye know what happens thanks for all the advice :) outstanding as always :)

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Do you have any links to the Quantum reel Ben? I've not come across that one before, and am looking to buy a cheaper reel for mates birthday, so am in the market myself!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
To be honest, chances are that **** might have them? If not then I'm sure he could get them. I've ordered a few myself for the shop that should be here in a couple of weeks.

I'm struggling to find a link at the moment as well. They're new for this year I think whcih might explain it.

This one on ebay is the only link with pictures I can find unfortunately. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QUANTUM-Hypercast-Tenacity-4500-Fishing-Reel-RRP-%a344.00_W0QQitemZ280428153212QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&rvr_id=&cguid=4e5d28cc1270a0e20362a7d2ffe59b50

The 2500 is under 300g while the 4500 is 336g.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts